Multi-Function Bluetooth Wireless Controller
NOW WITH PROGRAMMABLE COLOR ROTATION FEATURE.
Control your Boogey Lights® with a Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Works with your Android® or iOS® Smartphone equipped with Bluetooth 4.0.
NEW! SERIES 2 FIRMWARE - PROGRAMMABLE COLOR ROTATION FEATURE. With the introduction of our new SERIES 2 controller firmware in January 2017 the Boogey Lights® Bluetooth APP and controller now offer the ability to program the controller to display two or three colors of your choice and then rotate those colors in sequence. For example, let's say it's Fourth of July and you want your lights to rotate through the color sequence of RED, WHITE and BLUE . Or, perhaps your favorite sports team's colors are Red and White and you want your RV or motorcycle to continually rotate through a color sequence of RED and WHITE. This SERIES 2 firmware controller and smartphone APP will do that - and more. You can for instance vary the speed of the sequence as well as the brightness. You can also choose from one of two different sequencing effect modes: BREATHING or ROLLING. Additionally, you can save these configurations in up to 3 presets such that you're able to recall the lighting configuration with a press of a button.
FOUR CONTROLLER SIZES: Original, Plus, Super and Heavy Duty
- ORIGINAL - Our original model is rated to 100 LEDs - maybe more depending on your installation. Designed primarily for motorcycles. That's enough to light most bikes front to back. Controller measures 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 7/8".
- PLUS Series - Updated to handle more lights. Rated to 300 LEDs - maybe more depending on your installation. Perfect for those who want to light it all up and then some! Controller measures 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 7/8". The PLUS SERIES also has the option of adding our BRAKE LIGHT interface. When connected to the brake light circuit, all of the lights will turn red when the brake is applied.
- SUPER Series - We took this up another notch. Rated to 900 LEDs - maybe more depending on your installation. Perfect for Can Am Spyders, Electra Glides, Gold Wings or other large cruisers, trikes and those who pull a trailer and want it lit up. Also works great on golf carts, cars, trucks or any vehicle requiring numerous strips or rolls of lights. The controller is a bit larger at 4-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 7/8".
- HEAVY DUTY Series - Our biggest controller. Rated to at least 1800 LEDs (5050 LEDs, RGB). Ideal for use with RV, marine, home and commercial applications where you want to power a large number of LEDs. Controller dimensions are: 5.5" long x 3.25" wide x 1.5" high. Overall length is 7.5" to allow for wires feeding the controller.
NEW! BRAKE LIGHT INTERFACE Option Now Available.
We now offer a BRAKE LIGHT INTERFACE on the PLUS version of this controller. The optional BRAKE LIGHT INTERFACE includes circuitry that when connected to the brake light circuit, will turn multi-color accent lights to red whenever the brakes are engaged. Its a great motorcycle safety feature to make sure you're seen.
Note: Our controllers have built in protection against overload, short circuit or reverse polarity situations. If it detects any problems the controller will shutdown and not function until the fault is repaired. While these are rated for a specific number of LED's your particular installation may affect the actual number of LED's you can run on these controllers.
This is just like our popular Fireworks Multi-Function Remote Control EXCEPT the app on your phone controls the lights. PLUS - instead of 7 colors this controller allows you to mix your own colors to create that custom look for over SIXTEEN MILLION COLOR combinations. Preset functions include color switching, blending, strobe, breathing and flashing.
The Boogey Lights® Bluetooth 4.0 Fireworks™ APP is for use exclusively with the Boogey Lights® Bluetooth controller. Simply connect your smartphone running this app to the Boogey Lights® specially designed Fireworks™ Bluetooth controller for a reliable, low energy connection to take charge of our multi-color LED strips like never before. The Boogey Lights® Fireworks™ controller and the APP are designed to power both our premium and value series Fireworks™ multi-color LED strips for use on motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, boats and golf carts.
Includes the APP and controller. You provide the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) equipped smart phone with Bluetooth 4.0. The Apple iPhone running iOS 5 or higher (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 ) and Android® phones running version 4.3 (Jellybean) or higher typically have the Bluetooth 4.0 technology. Sorry, if you have a flip phone it ain't going to work.
Don't know if your Android® phone is compatible with this APP? Download the APP and try it on your phone to see if it fits your screen size before you buy. The current version of the Android® APP is designed for screen sizes that are at least 800 pixels high. Be sure to check your hardware specs too to confirm your phone has the required BLE hardware technology. While the majority of Android phones running OS version 4.3 or higher have BLE technology built-in, some of the low-cost Android handsets do not.
- Easy to use sliders allow you to control over one million color combinations by adjusting the level of Red, Green and Blue in your LEDs
- Fader mode allows you to dim and brighten your LEDs.
- ON/OFF Functionality allows you to turn your Boogey Lights® on and off from a distance.
- Speed control allows you to speed up or slow down the strobe and breathing lighting effects.
- Seven different function buttons provide pre-set lighting effects.
- Auto-connect functionality
- F1 = single color steady, optional dim and multi-color selection
- F2 = single color strobe, optional dim, speed and multi-color selection
- F3 = 7-color strobe, optional dim and speed
- F4 = 7-color switch, optional dim and speed
- F5 = single color breathe, optional speed and multi-color selection
- F6 = 7-color breathe, optional speed
- F7 = multi-color blend, optional speed
YES! This remote will work with existing Boogey Lights® LED light products. Buy the remote, wire it in place, download the FREE app (Google Play Store, Boogey Lights Download Site, Apple iTunes App Store) and light it up! Operating Instructions can be Downloaded Here.
For those with single color lights - This remote can be used to run your lights on different zones. For example - wire all your engine lights to the blue zone, your wheels to the red zone and your ground effects to the green zone. Using our Boogey Lights® app on your smartphone you can turn off red and green to light just your engine. Want to bring in your ground effects? Slide the green zone up a little to your liking. Lots of combinations to create that custom look that no one else has.
Note: The APP will only work with the specially designed Boogey Lights® Fireworks™ Bluetooth controller. As with all of our wireless controllers, we strongly recommend installing a mechanical on/off switch (such as our pushbutton on/off switch) with this controller to avoid draining the battery when not in use.
PLEASE NOTE. All Boogey Lights® controllers and LED components are POSITIVE switched devices. They will not work with components that are negatively switched.
What is Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)?
Also known as Bluetooth Smart, BLE is part of the Bluetooth 4.0 specification. With Bluetooth 4.0, a dual mode device such as a smartphone is able to support Bluetooth classic (BT) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) at the same time. Bluetooth classic is most commonly used for audio streaming to a device such as a headset. Bluetooth classic however consumes a lot of power and is always on. BLE is the intelligent, power-friendly version of Bluetooth wireless technology. BLE consumes only a fraction of the power of Classic Bluetooth. Bluetooth Smart extends the use of Bluetooth wireless technology to devices that are powered by small batteries such as smartphones. Bluetooth Low Energy is an "always off" technology. It transmits short packages of data and is not able to support audio streaming. As such it is perfect for devices such as our LED controller. The effective control distance for BLE devices are dependent on the environment in which it's used but typical control distances range from 50' when used from inside a building to 300' when used outdoors.
- Android 4.3 and higher can support BLE. However not all Android® devices on 4.3 are able to support BLE so be sure to check the hardware specifications.
- Apple iOS has supported BLE since the iPhone 4S running iOS 5 and higher.
SKU: PGU-RC-MC-APP (Original Version)
SKU: PGU-RC-MC-APP-PLUS (Plus Version)
Original Owner Three (3) Year Warranty on the controller
Best customer service ever!
Posted by Curt on 25th Aug 2016
I recommend going with the super controller. I had some issues initially that may have involved an over voltage condition in the DC from my RV. The super controller solved the issue. Working with the guys from Boogey Lights to resolve this is why I titled this review as I did. Their help was outstanding. They worked tirelessly with me to test my system and come to a resolution. When you buy from Boogey Lights you are not on your own after the sale. They are there to help you.
The Bluetooth app is pretty cool, too. Very easy to set up and use. I use it on an iPhone.
LOVE THE EASY CONTROL WITH GALAXY S6
Posted by Larkin Whetstone on 9th Sep 2015
Boogey Lights and Bluetooth Remote are easy to install and operate. When I did have a question customer service was right on top of it.
I love if when other people come up and say check out my LEDs, 'I have 7 different colors and can make them flash with this remote control I have in my pocket (dig, dig, dig in pocket). I say, 'well isn't that cute'. Let me show you what I have. 'I have sixteen million colors that I control with my cell phone (no digging in pocket)'. Most of the time their statement is 'I should have done more research.' You think.
Posted by Fluffy on 11th Jun 2015
Great product so far. I have been a great fan of Boogey Lights. This product is easy to use and install.
Hope they add more to App like being able to save colors you have created.....
Posted by Unknown on 12th May 2015
By far one of the best accessories I've put on my motorcycle
Posted by Tom on 9th Dec 2014
Have your lights installed on a couple of bikes. Wanted to see how your new bluetooth controller worked. Had it wired up in a matter of minutes. Setting up the app the first time was simple. Your video helped. This is really cool stuff. Well done. Can't wait to take my bike out and show this off.