ECONO-LINE Multi-Color LED Awning Light Kit - Bluetooth Only
ECONO-LINE Multi-Color LED Awning Light Kit - Bluetooth Only
This Boogey Lights LED Awning light kit is designed to attach to the side of an RV, trailer or camper just underneath the awning. This Boogey Lights Awning light is 16 feet long and can be cut every three LEDs as needed to fit your application. The Awning light strip contains 300, RGB 5050 LEDs mounted on your choice of either BLACK PCB or WHITE PCB. On full power this LED strip provides an incredible amount of light in up to 16 million possible color combinations you control with the included BLUETOOTH wireless controller. A Bluetooth enabled smartphone is required (not included) to operate along with our FREE IOS/Android APP. In addition, there are a number of lighting effects you control. These lighting effects include dimming, strobing, fading, breathing and blending. The controller and LED strip operate on 12vdc power. We offer an optional 120vac to 12vdc adapter if needed. Installation supplies include 3M adhesion primer. All Boogey Lights products are designed, assembled and supported in the USA. 1 year original owner warranty.
The Bluetooth controller included with this kit has our original Bluetooth firmware. It does not offer the color rotation programming capability included in the SERIES 2. The Original Firmware version however is still a very capable Bluetooth LED Controller. You can for example control your LED lights using your smartphone to select from up to 16 million color combinations, flashing, strobing, breathing, color changing, dimming and on/off. There are three preset options too which allow you to save your favorite light settings. The Original Bluetooth Firmware is a great option for the budget conscious shopper.
Note: Our Econo Line products are not eligible for discount promotions.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
NOTE ON EXTENDED USE: The LEDs used in this product are very bright; the brightest 12vdc LED lights available. They're designed to be used for accent lighting applications where they are typically powered on for a few hours (usually on a dimmed setting) and then powered off. While they can be used in functional lighting applications (e.g. bright white to temporarily illuminate a work area), the lights should NOT be left powered on for extended periods of time (e.g. 6+ hours). If the LEDs are left powered on for long periods of time - particularly on their brightest setting - the LEDs closest to the power source will have a burned look to them over time. This is because the amount of voltage being pulled through the LEDs closest to the power source will be higher than the voltage going through the LEDs further down the strip. The end result is that those LEDs closest to the power source will be hotter thus creating the burned look. This will occur mostly when displaying the color white on a full brightness setting but can also occur with other colors. For this reason, we do NOT suggest leaving these LED lights powered up for extended periods of time particularly on their brightest setting. Burned looking LEDs is NOT covered under warranty.
Installing the Boogey Lights® LED awning kit is relatively simple. Typical installation time is about 90 minutes. Some things to keep in mind before you start.
- WE STRONGLY SUGGEST BENCH TESTING YOUR LIGHTS AND CONTROLLER BEFORE MOUNTING! We cannot emphasize this enough. Probably 95% of all calls we receive from customers are about problems or issues that could have easily been avoided had the customer taken the extra 15 minutes to bench test their lighting setup before installation. Not only does bench testing give you an opportunity to understand the configuration, it also will flush out any problems or misunderstanding about the product and use before mounting.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be. Most RVs (motorhome, travel trailer or fifth wheel) have an electrical access panel somewhere on the side of the RV where 12vdc power is available.
- Decide how you are going to connect the power lead coming from your LED light strip to the power source. Many RV awnings (particularly motorized awnings) have a mounting bar that is already affixed to the side of the RV. If so, you can usually run the power lead cable coming from the LED light strip inside that mounting bar. If not, you can use some flexible Wire Trak™ raceway to hide the power lead cable. The Wire Trak™ raceway uses the same 3M tape technology our Boogey Lights do so it's easy to affix the raceway to the side of your RV.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck to the side of your RV is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your RV. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- We have had customers install the awning light to the end of the awning on the roller instead of to the side of the RV/Camper. The challenge with this installation scenario is running the power lead back to the RV. There are a couple of options, one of which is to use one of our quick-disconnect connectors but of course you have to disconnect/reconnect the power cord every-time you want to use it. The other is to snake the power lead wire through the seam on the side of the awning material.
- 3M Adhesion Primer. The cotton tip on the end of the 3M Promoter tube will evaporate quickly. Once you break the glass tube inside the promoter tube (we’re assuming you’re using the tubes versus a can of promoter) it’s important to use the promoter tube immediately. Do not allow it to sit around. If you do, the cotton applicator tip will dry up. Once you paint on the promoter you have at least an hour to mount the light strip although we recommend proceeding immediately after painting the surface with the 3M Promoter.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. We've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
- AMPERAGE Data for all Boogey Lights products can be found on our website.
Did we mention that using the 3M® Adhesion Promoter included in this kit is an important step in the installation process you should not skip?