Light up your Golf Cart with a Boogey Lights® RGBWW LED light kit!
Our new RGBWW low profile hi-intensity LED light strips are not only incredibly bright, in addition to all of the colors of a standard multi-color RGB LED strip, you can also have Warm White, Natural Whilte and Bright White. All available in one single LED strip. Instead of three diodes in each LED, with our RGBWW light series, there are now FIVE diodes: 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 warm white and 1 cool white. It's the addition of these two variations of white diodes that makes the difference. The RGBWW LED chip will not only produce all of the same colors as the standard 3 diode RGB LED chip, it can also produce warm white, neutral white and cool white. But it gets even better; by mixing the warm white and cool white diodes with the RGB diodes it's possible to create additional variations of RGB light combinations.
For example, you create softer shades of red that aren't possible with a standard RGB LED chip. Also, by mixing equal parts of red, green and blue with the warm white diode and cool white diode, you can produce an incredibly bright white light not possible with a standard RGB LED chip. So now that you can choose from a wide range of color temperature and brightness we also added an additional two levels of dimming to our dimming feature. Our new RGB WW LED strip now includes 9 dimming modes vs 7 that are included in our standard RGB LED strips. This allows for you to tailor the brightness of your lights to whatever atmosphere you'd like to set.
Note: This Golf Cart LED Light Kit includes both the Under-Glow and Canopy Light kits with wireless RF RGBWW LED controller. As an option, you can elect to only select the Under-Glow kit and controller if your golf cart doesn't have a canopy or you prefer not to light it up.
RGBWW LED Controller Capabilities
We offer two RGBWW LED controller options with this light kit. Both options come with a Long Range M7 RF wireless remote which allows you to operate your Golf Cart LED lights remotely. The SUPER RGBWW LED controller will power up to 600 RGBWW LED lights. The HEAVY DUTY RGBWW LED controller will power up to 1,200 RGBWW LED Lights. Both LED controllers operate on 12vdc power.
The Boogey Lights® RGBWW LED Controller included in this Golf Cart light kit will display seven RGB colors:
- RED, GREEN, BLUE, WHITE, LIGHT BLUE, BOOGEY LIGHTS GREEN (LIME GREEN/YELLOW), HOT PINK/PURPLE
In addition to the RGB colors, the Boogey Lights® RGBWW LED Controller will also display these variations of WHITE:
- WARM WHITE, NEUTRAL WHITE, COOL WHITE. View the video for this product to see examples of how these look.
The controller will allow you to control the RGB and the WW lights individually or you can mix them together. In addition, these lighting effects are available:
- DIMMING, FADING, BREATHING, STROBING, ON/OFF
The Long Range M7 remote control offers nine levels of lighting effects (e.g. 9 levels of dimming). The Long Range M7 RF remote uses one A27 12v alkaline battery (included with remote). Up to three Long Range M7 remotes may be paired with one controller.
Extra 3M Adhesion Primer
3M Promoter is a powerful adhesion primer. It's an essential step in the installation process but you don't need much of it to make it work. A simple single swipe on the surface you're mounting the light strip to is all you need. Our lighting kits include enough 3M Adhesion Primer to mount the strips in the kit for most installations. Some customers however feel better if they "paint" the mounting surface completely with it -- which is fine if you want to but not necessary. The problem is that 3M Adhesion Primer isn't readily available everywhere; particularly weekends, holidays and evenings. If you use all of the primer that's included with the kit but run out before you're finished, you'll have to wait to finish the job until you get more adhesion primer. If you're one of those people who would prefer to have a little adhesion primer left-over just in case, we offer the option of adding additional tubes to your order. Or, if you prefer, an entire 8oz can of 3M Adhesion Primer can be added to your order.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
Golf carts run on gasoline or battery powered electric motors utilizing 12v, 24v, 36v or 48v electric power. To operate our lights you will need 12v of power. Here are some suggestions for getting 12v from your cart:
- Gasoline Powered Golf Carts: Most gas carts use a single 12v battery to start the engine. Power our lights from the positive and negative post on your 12v starting battery
- 24v Electric Golf Carts: Most 24v carts use a combination of four (4) 6v batteries to achieve 24v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 36v Electric Golf Carts: Most 36v carts use a combination of six (6) 6v batteries to achieve 36v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 48v Electric Golf Carts: Most 48v carts use a combination of 12v batteries. If this describes your cart then just use the positive and negative from one battery. There are some brands that will use a combination of six (6) 8v batteries to achieve 48v. In this situation you will need a voltage reducer to step the power down to 12v. We offer this voltage reducer that will step-down the voltage to 12v.
- Install the Under-Glow Kit under each side of the cart. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Install the Canopy LED light kit under the canopy. We include a push-button on/off button with the Canopy kit to allow you to turn off the Canopy lights if you wish while still keeping the Under-Glow lights on.
- Optional - Space permitting, add a 2' or 4' strip under the front or rear of your cart.
- Optional - Add a strip under the rear seat if your cart has one
- Optional - Add a strip under the front seat to light the floorboards
- Optional - Cut a strip into two and install a segment in each foot well on the driver and passenger side
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!