Golf Cart LED Light Kit, Single Color
Golf Cart LED Light Kit (Single Color)
Light up your Golf Cart with a Boogey Lights® single color LED light kit! Designed specifically for outdoor use this single-color Golf Cart LED Light Kit is incredibly bright. This kit has both Under-Glow and Canopy LED light kits. Our low profile hi-intensity LED strips are perfect for mounting underneath your golf cart and underneath the canopy. They produce a smooth, even glow of light to give it the custom look. The Under-Glow consists of 144 LEDs that will light the area under most standard wheel base golf carts. The 144 LEDs in the Canopy light kit lights the area under the canopy. Of course if you want to add more LEDs you can do that too with our ADD-ON LEDs.
Important Note On Purple LEDs! All purple LED’s on the market today are actually ultra-violet (U/V) and produce a soft purple glow particularly when used on chrome motorcycle engines. The color however is not a real bright effect like you’ll get with red, blue, green, orange, etc. If you want a subtle purple glow that looks great, then the U/V LED’s may well be for you. If however you want the brightest lights possible, you will not be happy with purple.
Need More Light? We offer ADD-ON LED strips in both 2' and 4' lengths that allow you to light up other areas of your cart such as under the seat or under the front and rear of the cart. Your imagination is the the limit!
Extra 3M Adhesion Primer
3M Promoter is a powerful adhesion primer. It's an essential step in the installation process but you don't need much of it to make it work. A simple single swipe on the surface you're mounting the light strip to is all you need. Our lighting kits include enough 3M Adhesion Primer to mount the strips in the kit for most installations. Some customers however feel better if they "paint" the mounting surface completely with it -- which is fine if you want to but not necessary. The problem is that 3M Adhesion Primer isn't readily available everywhere; particularly weekends, holidays and evenings. If you use all of the primer that's included with the kit but run out before you're finished, you'll have to wait to finish the job until you get more adhesion primer. If you're one of those people who would prefer to have a little adhesion primer left-over just in case, we offer the option of adding additional tubes to your order. Or, if you prefer, an entire 8oz can of 3M Adhesion Primer can be added to your order.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
Golf carts run on gasoline or battery powered electric motors utilizing 12v, 24v, 36v or 48v electric power. To operate our lights you will need 12v of power. Here are some suggestions for getting 12v from your cart:
- Gasoline Powered Golf Carts: Most gas carts use a single 12v battery to start the engine. Power our lights from the positive and negative post on your 12v starting battery
- 24v Electric Golf Carts: Most 24v carts use a combination of four (4) 6v batteries to achieve 24v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 36v Electric Golf Carts: Most 36v carts use a combination of six (6) 6v batteries to achieve 36v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 48v Electric Golf Carts: Most 48v carts use a combination of 12v batteries. If this describes your cart then just use the positive and negative from one battery. There are some brands that will use a combination of six (6) 8v batteries to achieve 48v. In this situation you will need a voltage reducer to step the power down to 12v. Contact Us for suggestions and information on locating the proper reducer.
- Install the Under-Glow Kit under each side of the cart. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Install the Canopy kit under the canopy. We include a push-button on/off button to allow you to turn off the Canopy lights if you wish while still keeping the Under-Glow lights on.
- Optional - Space permitting, add a 2' or 4' strip under the front or rear of your cart.
- Optional - Add a strip under the rear seat if your cart has one
- Optional - Add a strip under the front seat to light the floorboards
- Optional - Cut a strip into two and install a segment in each foot well on the driver and passenger side
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!