48/60/72vdc to 12vdc Voltage Reducer
48/60/72VDC to 12VDC Voltage Reducer
48/60/72vdc to 12vdc voltage converter. Ideal for electric golf carts that want to run 12vdc devices such as Boogey Lights®. This voltage converter will reduce the voltage often found on electric golf carts to 12vdc. Also referred to as a Step Down (Buck) Voltage Regulator. Measures 3.5" x 4.2" x 1.9".
NOTE: This converter works with any battery packs of working voltage ranging from 48 volt dc to 72 volt dc; NOT higher or lower. The input voltage is preset from manufacture and it is non-adjustable.
Input Voltage: 48vdc to 72vdc
Output Voltage: 12vdc
Amps: Max amperage is 20amps
Before connecting any wires be sure to verify all INPUT power sources with a volt meter to confirm they are what you think they are. Failure to do this could damage not only the converter but also any devices you're trying to hook up.
- Thick RED wire goes to BATTERY + (this is your input power source positive)
- Thin BLACK wire goes to BATTERY - (this is your input power source negative)
- Thick BLACK wires goes to LED CONTROLLER negative (this is your LED controller negative/ground)
- YELLOW wire goes to LED CONTROLLER positive (this goes to your LED controller fused 12vdc input wire)
- Thin RED wire goes to keyswitch. If you don't have one, it should be wired back to the BATTERY + (input, same as the thick red wire)