Cargo and Utility Trailer LED Light Kits
Super Bright Interior and Exterior Lighting
Great for Cargo Trailers, Utility Trailers, Car Haulers, Race Trailers and Food Trucks Too!
Super bright 12vdc workspace lighting is here! Our impressively bright surface mounted hi-intensity LED strips are ideal for cargo trailers, utility trailers, car haulers, racecar trailers and food trucks too. With more super-bright LEDs per inch than any other surface mounted LED strip on the market, our LED strips are built tough for mobile workspace lighting applications. While Single Color dimable WHITE LEDs are by far the most popular for workspace applications, our surface mounted LED strips are available in additional solid colors including RED, GREEN, BLUE, ORANGE and UV/PURPLE. In addition, we offer an RGB multi-color version where you can change the color using a wireless remote control (or your smartphone and our free Android or IOS APP). Built with two ounce copper PCB, the brightest 5050 LEDs available and 1.2mm of genuine 3M® VHB double sided tape, these LED strips are super easy to install yet made tough for motor sports applications. They're available on either white or black PCB in varying lengths ranging from 3 LEDs (about 2.5 inches long) to 300 LEDs (16' long). The default configuration has one 36" power lead hard wired to the end of the strip. The LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs. If you want longer power leads, we offer additional power lead length options.
For Single Color LEDs, we offer the ability to order the strip with either a 2 conductor or 4 conductor power lead wire. The default is 2 conductor (black and red). Why would you want 4 conductor power lead on a single color LED strip? Each LED has 3 diodes. In a single color LED, all 3 diodes are the same color. We normally will bridge the 12vdc power at the end of the strip such that all 3 diodes are connected to the red power lead conductor. If however you want to be able to control the power going to each of the 3 diodes, we will use 4 conductor power lead cable. This configuration is ideal for situations where you're using the single color LED strip and want to control the brightness of the strip by lighting one, two or all three diodes.
Optional Wireless Remote Control
A Boogey Lights® RGB controller is required to power the multi-color LED strips listed on this product; it's however optional for Single Color LEDs. While single color LEDs can simply be hardwired into an existing SPST switch on a 12vdc circuit, adding the optional wireless controller allows you to turn the lights on/off remotely via the included RF wireless remote or your smartphone (and our free APP). The controller also gives you the ability to easily dim the lights (7 levels) as well as set presets. The two heavy duty combo controllers listed in this product configuration have the ability to power as many as 1800 LEDs (6 - 300 LED strips, each strip being 16' long).
Once you've decided the areas of your cargo trailer you want to light - and whether you want to go with single color or multi-color LEDs - you'll need two measurements for each LED strip: 1) the length of each LED strip, 2) the length of the power lead attached to the LED strip. Each LED strip will need to be mounted to a smooth continuous surface. When taking those measurements be sure to allocate about 2 inches from the end of the LED strip for the power lead wire coming off the LED strip. Next, you'll need to determine where your power source and/or controller will be located. The distance from the power lead end of the LED strip to the power source location will determine how much power lead the LED strip will need. When in doubt, always order a little more length to both the LED strip and the power lead; they can be cut if needed. Once you have these measurements, you can place your order. For each LED strip and power lead combination you'll need to add one Cargo & Utility Trailer LED light kit product to your cart with those specifications. Example: If your lighting project requires five different LED strip lengths, you'll add five of this product to your cart each with their own measurements. If your lighting project can use standard lengths of LEDs and power leads, you can simplify the ordering process by selecting one of our ADD-ON standard LED lengths + power lead combinations. If you have any questions, give us a call and one of our product specialists can assist you with this process.
Understanding LED Color Temperature
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION
Boogey Lights Low Profile Hi-Intensity Surface Mounted LED light strips are used in a number of Boogey Lights products for a variety of vehicle applications (including this product). Where and how these light strips are installed make all the difference in their durability and thus, our warranty. For this reason the duration of the Boogey Lights Low Profile Hi-Intensity LED Light Strips original owner warranty varies based on the vehicle application, use and installation types.
- Recreational Applications: RVs, Motorcycles, Golf Carts: 3 years
- Cars/Pickup Trucks/Off-Road: 1 year
- Marine / Fresh Water: 3 years
- Marine / Salt Water: 90 days
- Food/Cargo Truck/Trailer, Other Light Duty Commercial Use / Installation done by Boogey Lights technicians in Florence, KY: 3 years
- Food/Cargo Truck/Trailer, Other Light Duty Commercial Use / All other installation types: 1 year
- Heavy Duty Truck and/or Trailer Commercial Use / Installation by Boogey Lights technicians in Florence, KY: 1 year
- Heavy Duty Truck and/or Trailer Commercial Use / All other installation types: 90 days
Note on Commercial Applications: These low-profile surface mounted LED strips are not built to withstand significant flexing or lateral movement of the surface the strip is mounted to. Some examples include on semi-truck trailers as well as tow trucks where there is significant movement, bending or flexing of the surface to which the strip is mounted. Also, the strip can not mounted in such a way as they span multiple mounting surfaces. Mounting them this way will virtually guarantee the strip will fail sooner rather than later. These strips must be mounted to one single continuous smooth, clean, flat surface and in an area that is protected from corrosive chemicals. Commercial vehicles that frequently travel roads treated with corrosive chemicals often used for melting snow and ice can impact the durability of these LED strips if the strips are mounted in an area that is exposed to these chemicals. Hi-Intensity Strips that fail in these operating environments ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. For these types of operating environments we strongly recommend (and warranty) our HEAVY DUTY LED strips.
View the complete limited product Warranty Terms & Conditions here.
3M® Adhesion Promoter is NOT included with this single strip. The promoter can be purchased separately on our website in individual tubes, 25 pack or 8oz cans. It can also be purchased at popular retailers and auto parts stores across the country.
Sealed, Flexible Strips
The LEDs are completely sealed against the elements. They are heat resistant, waterproof and easily cleaned for maintenance free operation. The soft, gel-like strips provide maximum flexibility and a clean and sleek appearance. Their low profile design makes them virtually invisible when placed on the bottom of your tank and their wide viewing angle floods your bike with light. For information on installing our light strips including where to cut the strips if needed, please see our Installation Instructions Page.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
There is no set installation configuration. Your rig and imagination are the only limits (well, and your budget). Here are some things to keep in mind when designing and installing our Hi-Intensity LED Strips.
- Our Hi-Intensity LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs to accommodate shorter runs. Just make sure you are cutting them where marked AND that you seal the cut end to keep moisture out.
- The maximum length of one Boogey Lights® Hi-Intensity strip is 16'. Multiple 16' strips CAN NOT be daisy chained together. If you want to do a run longer than 16', you can butt two strips together to get the desired length. That said, we rarely see an installation that required doing this for a lack of light. Boogey Lights® LEDs are so bright that one 16' strip should provide more light than you'll need. Simply centering one 16' strip will in most cases be sufficient. If you need to cover more than 16' for workspace lighting (e.g. 30' cargo trailer) most customers will evenly space 4' sections of LEDs over the entire area.
- If you're using our mutli-color LED strips, the maximum number of 16' LED strips that can be powered at one time depends on which controller you're using. Our Heavy Duty controller will power at least six 16' LED strips. You might be able to get 7 depending upon your wiring. That said, it's possible to add additional controllers and manage those controllers with one RF remote. Lots of possibilities. The limitation ultimately comes down to your power source.
- If you're using our single-color LED strips, make sure you are not over-loading the circuit they are attached to. As with all lighting solutions, each LED strip should be properly fused. If for any reason there is a dead short in the strip, you want the power to that strip to be cut off to avoid over-heating and potentially burning.
- For multi-color LED strip installations, be mindful of where your power source is located as well as where you will be mounting the controller. The power lead for each Hi-Intensity strip needs to connect directly to the controller at your power source. Knowing where your controller will be mounted in relation to where the LED strip will be placed will determine how much power lead cable is needed on each LED strip.
- When mounting on the bottom of any vehicle we recommend making sure you are not mounting the strip in-line with the wheels or in areas that might be prone to a direct strike from road debris. While Boogey Lights® Hi-Intensity LED strips are made for motorsports applications, they will likely not survive a direct strike from a hard object. If you are concerned the LED strips might be hit by road debris due to their mounting location we recommend using our Heavy Duty LED Strips which are better able to survive a direct strike from road debris.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck to is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. This includes making sure the mounting surface is smooth and free from oil, wax or other solvents. Our stand alone LED strips do not include 3M® promoter (aka "primer") so be sure you purchase some. It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this 3M® promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit. For the power lead wires that feed the LED strip we include some extra 3M® tape and zip tie mounts. If you purchased an LED light strip that does not include this primer, we offer primer for sale individually or in cans.
- The length of power lead between the LED light strip and the power source absolutely impacts the brightness and power consumption of the light strip. This is an important concept to keep in mind when designing your setup. For power lead lengths longer than 15 feet (and less than 76'), we recommend using 20 gauge power lead wire which we offer for sale on our website. The lower the gauge number, the thicker the cable. The thicker the cable, the less power loss there is over longer distances.
- If you want a cleaner installation, we offer aluminum channels with optional diffusers that snap on top of the channels. The aluminum channels can either be screwed to the surface our you use 3M VHB tape (with promoter). Once the channel is mounted to the surface, the LED strip will then affix to the aluminum channel with the diffuser snapping in on top. It makes for a very clean installation. We offer a number of styles of aluminum channels for this purpose.
- AMPERAGE Data for most Boogey Lights products can be found on our website.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. We've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
- 12vdc. Optional 110vac to 12vdc power converters available.
- Each strip has between 3 and 300, hi-intensity 5050 LEDs depending upon how ordered.
- Available with either single color or RGB (multi-color) LEDs.
- PCB can be black or white - your choice.
- Width is 3/8" (10mm). Height is 1/8" (3mm) . Lengths vary based on the number of LEDs ordered. See product configuration. Important to note that the length listed is the actual LED strip that touches the mounting surface. There is an additional 1/2" or so of space required to make room for the power-lead that attaches to the LED strip. Make sure your measurements allow for this additional space.
- The power lead is soldered and sealed at one end. 4-conductor power lead (red, green, blue and black) for RGB multi-color, 2-conductor power lead (black and red) for single color unless otherwise indicated in the product configuration.
- Draws a maximum of 900 milliamps (.9 amps) for a strip of 36 LEDs while displaying white - less for other colors. Amperage draw will be higher for more LEDs.
- Attaches with 3M® double-sided VHB tape already applied to the back of each strip (note: 3M promoter is not included)
- Low profile for easy-to-conceal placement
- Waterproof design for trouble-free operation in any condition. IP65 rated.
- For LUX brightness data on this product visit the Boogey Lights® LUX DATA page.