Hi-Intensity Multi-Color Gold Wing Motorcycle LED Light Kit | 300 LEDs
Now with 40% more LEDs. Introducing our Hi-Intensity Multi-Color GOLD WING LED Light Kit. This kit will light your Gold Wing from front to back. Built on our Hi-Intensity Motorsports LED strips, these strips have more LEDs per inch than comparable strips on the market today. More LEDs means more light shining on your bike! This kit uses a new and improved configuration of our Value and Premium Series LED strips with 40% more LEDs. Built with two ounce copper PCB, the brightest 5050 LEDs available and 1.2mm of genuine 3M® VHB double sided tape, these LED strips are made tough for motor sports applications. Impressively bright, our Hi-Intensity LED strips are thin so they can barely be seen when attached to your bike. They produce a smooth, even glow of light. This kit lights your bike with any of seven different colors and animate them with special effects using the included wireless RF remote control. Original owner lifetime warranty on the LED strips. Many upgrade options too including Bluetooth wireless controller along with adding more lights.
LED LENGTH CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Our Hi-Intensity Multi-Color GOLD WING LED light kit includes TEN - 30 LED light strips; each strip is about 20" long with a 36", 4 conductor power lead soldered on each end of the strip. You can use the entire strip of 30 LEDs - OR - the LED strips are designed to be cut every 3 LEDs to fit most any space you want to light. The following LED segments and lengths are possible:
6 LEDs - 4.5"
9 LEDs - 6.38"
12 LEDs - 8.38"
15 LEDs - 10.25"
18 LEDs - 12.25"
21 LEDs - 15.25"
24 LEDs - 16.13"
27 LEDs - 18.13"
30 LEDs - 20"
*When cutting, be sure to seal the end with liquid electrical tape or similar substance to keep from shorting out when wet.
NOTE: Our PLUS series LED Controller can power up to 300 LEDs. If you're going to be adding additional LEDs to your system, be sure to select the SUPER LED Controller which can power up to 900 LEDs.
The typical installation locations based on our dealer feedback is shown below. Note you may have some unusable segments left over if you go by this layout depending upon placement. This is merely a suggested layout. It's your bike so light it up as you wish. We always suggest temporarily laying out your lights (aka 'dry fitting') before you permanently attach them to your bike. This kit works for 2001-Present GL1800 and 2013+ F6B. Keep in mind that the maximum number of LEDs the PLUS controller can power is 300. If you decide to add more lights to your configuration, be sure to upgrade to the SUPER controller which has a max capacity of 900 LEDs. Note that the above photo has a 'ring of fire' led light affixed to the front wheel which is not a Boogey Lights product. While this kit is designed for the DIYer, there is some minimum skill level required to do the installation. For example, you need to have a basic understanding of 12vdc power and related wiring. You'll also need to be able to remove (and re-install) the plastics as well as safely mount the LED strips and route the related wires on the bike so they don't interfere with other functions. We also recommend that you have an adequate place available to do the installation and not be rushed.
Here's the suggested locations:
- Front Wheel - Use one segment inside the front fender on each side above the curve.
- Fairing - Use one LED segment under the fairing above the front fender.
- Windshield Garnish - Use an LED segment above the slit for 2001-2010 and a shorter one on 2011+ and F6B models.
- Front Air Vents - Use one LED segment each side. Fish wire from vent near knee. Works for the 2001-2010 only.
- Fairing above cylinder heads - Use one LED segment each side under the fairing directly above the cylinders.
- Radiator Grills - Use one LED segment each side. Install on the center section shining at the radiators. Use an LED segment on top and on bottom. For F6B models there you can also fit an LED segment to mount on the middle.
- Boomerang Frame - Use an LED segment each side. Install on the plastic shelter above and shine down onto the frame.
- Side Cover - Use an LED segment each side. Install behind side cover opening.
- Top Trunk - Use an LED segment in the recess in front of each side bag release levers and in the release lever well for the top lid.
- OPTIONAL - Some will create a windshield glow by adding a full strip at the base of the windshield shining straight into the edge. Works with clear screens only though. Check out the Wing shown to see what a windshield glow looks like.
The above is a suggested layout - install the strips to your liking. While each LED strip power lead needs to connect to the LED controller, you can run feeder wire and connect multiple strips together. For example, the strips on the front of the bike can connect together to one feeder wire if so desired to make the installation easier and then run that feeder wire back to the LED controller. You may need to purchase additional 4 conductor cable in this case which we offer for sale or can be purchased at most big box home improvement stores. Just be sure to purchase 20awg or heavier wire for the feeder cable. Note: It is important to remember that the strips can be cut one time in groups of 3 LEDs. That means after you cut it you will now have one of the following configurations:
- 3 LED strip & 27 LED strip
- 6 LED strip & 24 LED strip
- 9 LED strip & 21 LED strip
- 12 LED strip & 18 LED strip
- 15 LED strip & 15 LED strip
These lights will also work well on a Can-Am Spyder. Order some extra strips until you get the coverage you want.
NOTE: We always recommend dry fitting or temporarily mounting the lights before installation to make sure you get the look you want. The suggestions above are our recommendations. The final mounting location for the lights comes down to your personal preference. So put them where it makes sense to you and for your bike.
Sealed, Flexible Strips
The LEDs on our HI-INTENSITY strips are sealed against the elements. They are heat resistant, waterproof and easily cleaned for a lifetime of maintenance free operation. The soft, gel-like strips provide maximum flexibility and a clean and sleek appearance. Their low profile design makes them virtually invisible when placed on the bottom of your tank and their wide viewing angle floods your bike with light.
Each strip has a 36" power lead which is hard wired to each end of the strip. If you need to cut a strip, be sure to cut where indicated on the strip (ever 3 LEDs) and make sure you seal the cut end with liquid electrical tape or something similar to keep water from shorting out the strip. A wrong cut in the wrong place or not sealing the cut end properly will void your warranty. Call us if you are unsure where to make your cut.
Waterproof Black Quick Connector Options
The answer to future routine maintenance. Add these Waterproof Black Quick Connectors to your kit. Install inline on your tank wiring, breather, bags, side panels etc. Wherever future maintenance may require access.