Pickup Truck Bed LED Light Kit
Pickup Truck Bed LED Light Kit
Light up your pickup truck bed with a BOOGEY LIGHTS® LED light kit. Our super bright, low profile LED strips are built tough to withstand harsh operating environments. And with more LEDs per inch than any other LED light strip on the market, nothing is brighter! Options to fit 4', 6' and 8' truck beds. Available in single color as well as multi-color RGB. Input voltage is 12vdc. LED light strips are constructed with 2 ounce copper PCB with 1.2mm of industrial strength 3M adhesive tape. 3M promoter included ensure these lights will stay stuck. LEDs are hi-intensity super-bright 5050 LEDs. The single color version can be wired directly into or off existing bed lights if desired. The RGB/Multi-Color version requires an LED controller to operate; make your selection from the drop down box above. Optional thrid LED strip (4' long with 10' power lead) can be added to mount across the front of the truck bed to provide light from three sides. One year original owner warranty.
- 4' Bed LED Kit: ~ 2.5 amps
- 6' Bed LED Kit: ~ 2.9 amps
- 8' Bed LED Kit: ~ 3.7 amps
*Assumes maximum brightness on white using 10' power leads . Other colors on lower brightness setting will draw less.
SWITCHING & CONTROLLER OPTIONS
- No Switch (default). Lights will need to be wired into your existing bed light or similiar existing switch. Make sure the circuit you're connecting to is capable of handling the amperage draw. This option is for Single Color LEDs only.
- Push Button On/Off. Basic ON/OFF hard wired Push Button Switch with waterproof rubber boot. 10 amps maximum load. Attaches with 3M tape already applied to the back. Can also be mounted in a 3/8" hole. Single Color LEDs only.
- Wireless RF ON/OFF with Key Fob. A simple wireless ON/OFF remote with 2 handheld remotes. 5 amps maximum. If you want to use this wireless on/off switch to handle larger loads > 5amps, use a 40amp relay. This ON/OFF remote measures 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 7/8". Single Color LEDs only.
- Wireless RF RGB LED Controller with Key Fob. This controller is designed to be used with RGB/Multi-Color LEDs (although it can also be used for single color leds too). In addition to ON/OFF, this controller provides DIMMING, STROBBING and FLASHING capabilities that will work with both Single color and RGB/Multi-Color LEDs. This controller measures 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 7/8". This controller has our brake flash feature. See note below as to how this feature can be used with the truck bed lights.
- Wireless RF + Bluetooth RGB LED Controller with Key Fob. This controller is designed to be used with RGB/Multi-Color LEDs (although it can also be used for single color leds too). In addition to ON/OFF, this controller provides DIMMING, STROBBING and FLASHING capabilities that will work with both Single color and RGB/Multi-Color LEDs. This controller measures 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 7/8". For RGB.Multi-Color LEDs, there is a BLUETOOTH APP that will allow you to control the LEDs with our free smartphone APP (IOS or Android) and your smartphone. See additional details (with video) on the Bluetooth APP and it's capabilities on the BLUETOOTH APP TAB appearing on this product page. This controller has our brake flash feature. See note below as to how this feature can be used with the truck bed lights.
Brake Flash Feature. The two RGB LED Controllers listed under the Switching option for this product include our brake flash circuit. With this feature the LED controller can be wired such that when the brake flash input circuit is energized with 12vdc power, the LED controller immediately lights up just the LEDs wired to the RED power lead output coming from the LED controller. The idea is that when the brake lever (or pedal) is pressed on the vehicle, all the red leds (or whatever color LED you have wired to the red output) will light up. While this feature is mostly used for motorcycle lighting, for this Pickup Truck Bed Light system you can install a simple on/off push button switch in the tail gate area such that when you press the push button switch, the bed lights turn on. It's handy for situations where you may not have the wireless RF key fob immediately available to turn on the lights. Note that this Brake Flash circuit feature does not have to be used. If you don't want to use the brake flash circuit, simply cap the brake flash input wire on the controller and forget about it.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS you may need.