C8 Corvette Stingray LED Under-Glow Light Kit
With Engine Bay and Interior Foot Well Add-On options.
Designed specifically for use in motor vehicle applications, this LED light kit is incredibly bright - no other competitor comes close. Designed for the C8 Corvette Stingray our low profile hi-intensity LED strips produce a smooth, even glow of super bright light to give your C8 that custom look. Unlike all the others, this BOOGEY LIGHTS Corvette C8 Under-Glow light kit contains over 500 super brights LEDs -- at least twice the number of LEDs of any competitor. Plus, we only use 5050 LEDs -- the largest, brightest 12vdc LEDs available. The optional Engine Bay and Interior Foot Well lights make the total over 650 LEDs.
With this many LEDs you get true, FULL PERIMETER lighting under the car - even in the wheel wells. Also includes lights to illuminate the rear grill and side wheel vents. Optional Add-on include interior foot well lighting as well as engine bay lighting.
Available in eight different single color options and up to three multi-color versions: RGB, RGBA and RGBW. Details of these options are below.
You can control this light kit using a simple on/off wireless remote (single color) or a powerful RF wireless plus Bluetooth Combo LED controller (multi-color). Even an option for dual zone ligting control which is often used for the optional interior foot well lighting add-on kit.
With the multi-color LED controller you can use the included RF hand held wireless remote to change between seven pre-set colors: white, red, green, blue, pink, lime green, light blue. Also, you can control the functions of on/off, color blending, strobing, breathing, flashing, fading and 7 levels of dimming. In the Blending, Breathing, Flashing and Strobing modes these features can be set to remain on a single color or to cycle through each of the 7 colors. You can also adjust the speed at which this happens. With our Bluetooth APP and your smartphone, you can do everything the RF hand held remotes does PLUS you can create a custom look with over 16 million possible different color combinations plus three pre-sets along with two or three color programming functionality. Click on the GEN2 LED Controller text block for details.
This LED light kit is offered in eight single color options and in the following multi-color configurations: RGB, RGBW (RGB + warm white) and RGBA (RGB + amber). If installing single color LEDs you'll need a switch of some kind. We offer a couple of wireless options. For multi-color installations, we offer a number of LED controller options depending on the type of RGB led strip you buy. You'll find a more detailed discussion on these options in the GEN2 LED CONTROLLER text box on this product page.
For the RGB/RGBx options, we offer a 15 button G2 M7 style wireless RF remote in both a single zone and dual zone version. These high-tech controller options are our latest GEN2 COMBO RF + Bluetooth LED Controllers. These RGB/RGBx LED controllers also allow you to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone and our free IOS/Android APP to operate the lights. With the included RF remote you can change between 7 pre-set colors (Red, Green, Blue, White / 6000k, Light Blue, Lime Green/Yellow, Hot Pink/Purple) and functions of on/off, dimming (7 levels), strobing/flashing, breathing and blending. You can also use your Bluetooth enabled smart phone to create a custom look. The Bluetooth APP allows you to program the RGB diodes of any of our RGB, RGBW and RGBA LED strips with over 16 million different color combinations plus three pre-sets. Also, the Bluetooth APP offers 2 and 3 color rotation programming. Click the APP navigation tab on this product page for significantly more information on both the Bluetooth capabilities and APP functionality (including a video showing how the Bluetooth APP works).
What is RGBW? On the RGBW led strip, in addition to RGB, you get one extra diode which is Warm White. That warm white diode has a Kelvin temperature of 2400 which means it has a yellowish look giving it a warmer, softer, candle like look.
What is RGBA? On the RGBA led strip, in addition to RGB, you get one extra diode which is AMBER. That fourth diode on the RGBA led strip when mixed with the RED diode on the RGBs will provide a rich orange color which is unavailable any other way. The AMBER diode too is a DOT compliant AMBER.
The configuration options are the switching and/or controller selections you want for your light kit. Here is an overview of each.
SINGLE COLOR CONFIG OPTIONS
If you're purchasing single color LEDs, at minimum you'll need a way to turn it on and off. Some customers may want the ability to dim the lights too. We offer the following switching and control options for those who are interested in purchasing a Single Color LED strip.
- No switches (provide your own). Select this option if you already have a means by which to switch the lights on/off. Just be aware of the circuit capabilities of your existing switch. As a point of reference, 300 LEDs will pull about 3.3 amps on full brightness white. Other colors will pull less amperage. Amperage data is available for all LED products on the SPECS tab.
- RF Wireless ON/OFF only (5 amps). Select this option if you want a simple wireless ON/OFF remote control (Key Fob style) to turn the lights on and off (no dimming or brightness control). We include a relay too with this option since the amperage draw of the LEDs in this light kit exceed the 5 amp rating of this on/off switch.
- RF Wireless ON/OFF/DIMMING control (10 amps). Select this option if you want a wireless remote control (M7 style) to operate the single color led strips. The wireless remote has a hand held control that allows you to turn the lights on, off and dim. In addition, you can strobe and breath the lights too. Bluetooth control is included as well. This controller is rated at a maximum amperage of 10 amps.
RGB(x) MULTI-COLOR KIT CONFIG OPTIONS
All of the RGBx controllers offered are our latest Generation 2 (aka GEN2 or G2) LED Controllers. They are combo controller meaning they offer both RF and Bluetooth control. You are read more about all of the features of these new GEN2 LED Controllers further down on this product page. The RGBx Multi-Color Controller will work with RGB, RGBA and RGBW LEDs. Options Are:
- RGBx w/RF + Bluetooth Combo. 900 RGB LED / 600 xx LED capacity (9 amps / 3 amps). G2 M7 RF 15 button wireless remote. This is a single zone LED controller. This is our GEN2 RGBxx LED Controller that can be controlled using either the RF wireless remote OR your smart phone and our free bluetooth APP. This controller will power up to 5 diodes: RGB 3 diodes and up to 2 additional diodes (e.g. RGBA, RGBW or RGBWW) if so desired. If using with RGB, the additional 2 diode outputs are not used. Includes Quick Switch feature. Controller measures 4-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 7/8". Unless you want Dual Zone capability, use this controller for multi-color LEDs (RGB, RGBA or RGBW).
- RGBx w/RF + Bluetooth Combo. DUAL ZONE. 1500 RGB LED / 1200 xx LED capacity (15 amps / 4 amps) per ZONE. G2 M7 RF Dual Zone wireless remote. This is a dual zone LED controller. This is our GEN2 RGBxx DUAL ZONE LED Controller that can be controlled using either the RF wireless remote OR your smart phone and our free bluetooth APP. This controller offers TWO distinct lighting zones. This controller will power up to 5 diodes on each Zone: RGB 3 diodes and up to 2 additional diodes (e.g. RGBA, RGBW or RGBWW) if so desired. If using with RGB, the additional 2 diode outputs are not used. Includes Quick Switch feature. Two external antennas, one of which is the extended magnetic whip antenna with 15' cord. The other is a screw on 'stubby' that attaches directly to the controller housing. Measures 5.5" long x 3.25" wide and 1.5" high. Note that the overall length to accommodate room for wires is 10".
GEN2 LED Controller
Our GEN2 LED Controllers are based on the Bluetooth 5 chip set family which provide fast response times and the best possible RF/Bluetooth transmission distance. This controller is designed to be used with RGB/Multi-Color LEDs although it can also be used with single color LEDs too. In addition to ON/OFF, this controller provides DIMMING, STROBBING and FLASHING capabilities. Plus, this LED controller will work with your Android® or iOS® Smart phone equipped with Bluetooth (max of 16 million color possibilities). With the included RF remote you can change between 7 colors (Red, Green, Blue, White, Light Blue, Lime Green/Yellow, Hot Pink/Purple) and functions of on/off, blending, strobing, breathing, flashing, fading and dimming. You can also use your Bluetooth enabled smart phone to create that custom look with over 16 million different color combinations plus three pre-sets and color rotation programming. It will also work with the included RF wireless remote. You get the best of both worlds. More details about these advanced GEN2 LED Controllers are below as well as on the CONTROLLERS navigation tab of this product page.
Single Zone or Dual Zone?
We offer the option of a single zone (default) or dual zone (upgrade) LED controller. With the single zone controller all of the LEDs will do the same thing. They turn on and off together. With the optional Dual Zone LED controller, you can segment the LED lights into two separate light zones. For example, you may want to wire the Under-Glowl on ZONE ONE and the Interior or Engine Bay lights on ZONE TWO. This will allow you to control each of the zones independently. Or, you might want to set zone one LEDs on one color and zone two LEDs on another. Lots of flexibility with the DUAL ZONE controller.
- DOWNLOAD the GEN2 LED Controller Operating Manual & Wiring Diagrams
- DOWNLOAD the GEN2 Bluetooth Operating Manual
- DOWNLOAD the GEN2 M7 RF Wireless Remote Operating Information
- VIEW the GEN2 LED Controller Series Product Page
- VIEW the GEN2 BLUETOOTH APP Information Page
OPTIONAL ENGINE BAY LIGHT KIT
We offer the option of adding the Engine Bay LED Light Kit to the Under-Glow kit. This add-on kit lights up the engine bay area. We include a photo of this kit in the photo carousel on this product page.
OPTIONAL INTERIOR FOOT WELL LIGHT KIT
We offer the option of adding the Interior Foot Well LED Light Kit to the Under-Glow kit. This add-on kit lights up the foot wells of both the drivers and passengers side on the inside of the car. We include a photo of this kit in the photo carousel on this product page. If ordering this optional add-on light kit, we suggest ordering the Dual Zone LED controller. Doing so allows you to wire the interior lights to their own lighting zone. That way you have the ability to control the Under-Glow and Interior lights separately.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED
No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
WILL BOOGEY LIGHTS® WORK WITH OTHER BRANDS?
The short answer is probably not. All Boogey Lights® RGB LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs. For more information, click the button below.
WHY BOOGEY LIGHTS®?
Unlike most every other light kit out there, these light kits are ACCENT LIGHT KITS. When mounted properly, you'll never see the LED lights themselves. You'll only see the glow from the LEDs. If you're interested in learning more about WHY Boogey Lights are different than any other LED lighting system on the market, click here: WHY BOOGEY LIGHTS . We do a deep dive into the ten differences between Boogey Lights® and all the others.
You can DOWNLOAD OUR INSTALLATION GUIDE for this product directly from our website. It's a PDF file.
The layout for each light kit configuration is as follows:
- 2 - 73" low profile LED strips. One mounted on each side of the car.
- 1 - 36" low profile LED strip mounted under the rear bumper.
- 1 - 40" low profile LED strip mounted in the rear grill
- 2 - 16" low profile LED strips mounted in rear wheel air vents.
- 3 - 22" Heavy Duty LED strips mounted under the front bumper.
- 4 - 12" Heavy Duty LED strips mounted in each wheel well.
- 2 - 16" low profile LED strips mounted in the engine bay area.
- 1 - 12" low profile LED strip mounted in the engine bay area.
INTERIOR FOOT WELLS
- 1 - 18" low profile LED strip mounted in the drivers side foot well area.
- 1 - 16" low profile LED strip mounted in the passenger's side foot well area.