Low Profile Surface Mounted LED Strips
Hi-Intensity Low Profile Surface Mounted LED Strips for Motorsports Applications
Introducing our Hi-Intensity Surface Mounted LED strips with more LEDs per inch than comparable strips on the market today. These LED strips are an improved configuration which replace our Value Series LED strips. Available in both multi-color (RGB) and single-color versions that are impressively bright. Built with two ounce copper PCB, the brightest 5050 LEDs available and 1.2mm of genuine 3M® VHB double sided tape, these LED strips are made tough for motor sports applications. They're available on either white or black PCB in varying lengths ranging from 3 to 300 LEDs. The default configuration has one 36" power lead hard wired to the end of the strip with the option of adding a second power lead on the other end of the strip for motorcycle applications. It can be handy if you don't know the exact length of LED strip you need but you don't want any waste. Simply cut the LED strip in the appropriate location and you now have two strips each with their own power lead. The LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs. If you want longer power leads, we offer additional power lead length options.
For Single Color LEDs, we offer the ability to order the strip with either a 2 conductor or 4 conductor power lead wire. The default is 2 conductor (black and red). Each LED has 3 diodes. In a single color LED, all 3 diodes are the same color. We normally will bridge the 12vdc power at the end of the strip such that all 3 diodes are connected to the red power lead conductor. If however you want to be able to control the power going to each of the 3 diodes, we will use 4 conductor power lead cable. This configuration is ideal for situations where you're using the single color LED strip and want to control the brightness of the strip by lighting one, two or all three diodes (e.g. brake lights, turning indicators and running lights.)
NOTE ON UV/PURPLE SINGLE COLOR LEDS: All purple LED's are actually ultra-violet (UV). They produce a soft, pleasant purple glow particularly when used on or near shiney reflective surfaces (e.g. chrome motorcycle engines). The color however is not a real bright effect like you'll get with any of the other LED single colors. If you want a subtle, purple glow that looks great, then the UV/LED's may well be for you. If however you want the brightest lights possible, you will not be happy with purple.
The RGB multi-color strips requires a controller to operate.
The AMBER and RED single color LED strips are DOT COMPLIANT. They conform to applicable provisions of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requirements.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION
Boogey Lights Low Profile Hi-Intensity Surface Mounted LED light strips are used in a number of Boogey Lights products for a variety of vehicle applications. Where and how these light strips are installed make all the difference in their durability and thus, our warranty. For this reason the duration of the Boogey Lights Low Profile Hi-Intensity LED Light Strips original owner warranty varies based on the vehicle application, use and installation types.
- Recreational Applications: RVs, Motorcycles, Golf Carts: 3 years
- Cars/Pickup Trucks/Off-Road: 1 year
- Marine / Fresh Water: 3 years
- Marine / Salt Water: 90 days
- Food/Cargo Truck/Trailer, Other Light Duty Commercial Use / Installation done by Boogey Lights technicians in Florence, KY: 3 years
- Food/Cargo Truck/Trailer, Other Light Duty Commercial Use / All other installation types: 1 year
- Heavy Duty Truck and/or Trailer Commercial Use / Installation done by Boogey Lights technicians in Florence, KY: 1 year
- Heavy Duty Truck and/or Trailer Commercial Use / All other installation types: 90 days
Note on Commercial Applications: These low-profile surface mounted LED strips are not built to withstand significant flexing or lateral movement of the surface the strip is mounted to. Some examples include on semi-truck trailers as well as tow trucks where there is significant movement, bending or flexing of the surface to which the strip is mounted. Also, the strip can not span multiple surfaces. Mounting them this way will virtually guarantee the strip will fail. These strips must be mounted to one single continuous smooth, clean, flat surface and in an area that is protected from corrosive chemicals. Commercial vehicles that frequently travel roads treated with corrosive chemicals often used for melting snow and ice can impact the durability of these LED strips if the strips are mounted in an area that is exposed to these chemicals. Hi-Intensity Strips that fail in these operating environments ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. For these types of operating environments we strongly recommend (and warranty) our HEAVY DUTY LED strips.
View the complete limited product Warranty Terms & Conditions here.
NOTE ON EXTENDED USE: The LEDs used in this product are very bright; the brightest 12vdc LED lights available. They're designed to be used for accent lighting applications where they are typically powered on for a few hours (usually on a dimmed setting) and then powered off. While they can be used in functional lighting applications (e.g. bright white to temporarily illuminate a work area), the lights should NOT be left powered on for extended periods of time (e.g. 6+ hours). If the LEDs are left powered on for long periods of time - particularly on their brightest setting - the LEDs closest to the power source will have a burned look to them over time. This is because the amount of voltage being pulled through the LEDs closest to the power source will be higher than the voltage going through the LEDs further down the strip. The end result is that those LEDs closest to the power source will be hotter thus creating the burned look. This will occur mostly when displaying the color white on a full brightness setting but can also occur with other colors. For this reason, we do NOT suggest leaving these LED lights powered up for extended periods of time particularly on their brightest setting. Burned looking LEDs is NOT covered under warranty.
Light Your Wheels!
These Hi-Intensity Motorsports LEDs provide awesome wheel lighting when you wrap a 6 or 9-cluster strip around the edge of most brake calipers. Produces a full 360 degree lighting effect with a single wire lead that runs up your brake line. Makes for a very clean and easy install with no unsightly wires wrapped around your spokes or special discs to install. Just incredibly bright wheel lighting at a very affordable price.
Sealed, Flexible Strips
The LEDs are completely sealed against the elements. They are heat resistant, waterproof and easily cleaned for maintenance free operation. The soft, gel-like strips provide maximum flexibility and a clean and sleek appearance. Their low profile design makes them virtually invisible when placed on the bottom of your tank and their wide viewing angle floods your bike with light. For information on installing our light strips including where to cut the strips if needed, please see our Installation Instructions Page.
Note: The RGB Multi-Color LED Strips require our Multi-Function Remote Control OR Multi-Function BLUETOOTH 4.0 Remote Control. If you don't already have our lighting on your ride we recommend you begin with one of our per-made kits. Our Multi-Color Kits include the wiring kit along with the remote. You can add additional strips in the future as needed.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferrior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
- Each strip has between 3 and 300, hi-intensity 5050 LEDs depending upon how ordered.
- Available with either single color or RGB (multi-color) LEDs.
- PCB can be black or white - your choice.
- Width is 3/8" (10mm). Height is 1/8" (3mm) . Lengths vary based on the number of LEDs ordered. See product configuration. Important to note that the length listed is the actual LED strip that touches the mounting surface. There is an additional 1/2" or so of space required to make room for the power-lead that attaches to the LED strip. Make sure your measurements allow for this additional space.
- DOT COMPLIANCE: The AMBER and RED single color LED strips are DOT COMPLIANT. They conform to applicable provisions of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requirements.
- The power lead is soldered and sealed at one end. 4-conductor power lead (red, green, blue and black) for RGB multi-color, 2-conductor power lead (black and red) for single color unless otherwise indicated in the product configuration.
- For motorcycle applications an optional power lead can be ordered for the other end of the LED strip if desired.
- Draws a maximum of 900 milliamps (.9 amps) for a strip of 36 LEDs while displaying white - less for other colors. Amperage draw will be higher for more LEDs.
- Attaches with 3M® double-sided VHB tape already applied to the back of each strip (note: 3M promoter is not included)
- Low profile for easy-to-conceal placement
- Waterproof design for trouble-free operation in any condition. IP65 rated.
- For LUX brightness data on this product visit the Boogey Lights® LUX DATA page.