Mack Anthem LED Accent Light Kit
MACK ANTHEM Boogey Lights® LED Accent Light Kits
You select which LED light kits you want for your Mack Anthem!
Light up your MACK ANTHEM with a Boogey Lights® LED light Kit. These super bright LED accent light kits are built tough. They're designed specifically for outdoor use on vehicles that move, vibrate, flex and contract. Offered in multi-color RGB, RGBA and single color configurations. To order, select YES or NO for each of the possible Light Kits offered for your truck. You can order just one light kit or all. Pricing and kit components will automatically adjust based on your selection.
Unlike most every other light kit out there, these light kits are ACCENT LIGHT KITS. When mounted properly, you'll never see the LED lights themselves. You'll only see the glow from the LEDs. If you're interested in learning more about WHY Boogey Lights are different than any other LED lighting system on the market, click the WHY BOOGEY LIGHTS navigation tab on this product page. We do a deep dive into the ten differences between Boogey Lights® and all the others.
Available light kit configurations for the MACK ANTHEM are as follows:
- Rear Fairing Accent
- Air Vents
- Hood accent
What is RGB+Amber (RGBA)?
RGBA is a new type of LED strip format Boogey Lights® developed. It is available in both our Low Profile and Heavy Duty LED strip formats. The RGBA led strip includes our core RGB tri-chip technology using a 5050 RGB LED with the addition of a fourth 2835 diode that is AMBER. Designed primarily for motor vehicle applications, that fourth AMBER diode can be wired to a separate switch on the dash (or tied into a relay to work with existing running lights) that allows you to quickly and easily turn on just the AMBER leds. Then, for those who want the flexibility to be able to display up to 16 million color combinations using the RGB tri-chip, they can do that too. RGB + A provides the best of both worlds. Single color amber plus RGB tri-chip multi-color. The product photo carousel of this product page includes a close-up view of the LED strip design and wiring diagram. Note that due to the addition of that fourth diode, the RGBA strips are a little wider than our standard tri-chip RGB and single color LED strips. Also, the power lead wires use five conductor vs four. For additional information including product specs, click the SPECS navigation tab on this product page.
Two LED Formats
Boogey Lights® is the only manufacturer that produces two types of LED light strips - one for light duty applications where the LED strip is mostly protected from a direct strike and one for heavy duty applications where the LED strip will be mounted in locations where a direct strike is possible. Both styles use the same custom made, 2 oz copper PCB, clear poly-urethane UV resistant coating and super-bright tri-chip 5050 LED components with more LEDs per foot than any other product on the market. The difference is the HEAVY DUTY LED strips are encased in an industrial grade black flexible PVC which make them ideal for tough outdoor and commercial applications where the light strip might be subjected to direct impact or corosive road chemicals. The flexible PVC used on the Heavy Duty LED strips provides an extra, dual layer of protection above and beyond our already tough low profile led strips. For our VOLVO VNL Light Kits we use a mix of both our LOW PROFILE and HEAVY DUTY LED light strips depending on the mounting location as follows:
- Heavy Duty LED Strips are used on our Under-Glow, Rear Fairing Accent and Tail-Turn-Brake light kits.
- Low Profile LED Strips are used on our Under-Cab, Grill and Air-Vent light kits.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
More About the Boogey Lights® Bluetooth Smartphone APP
Single Color vs RGB (Multi-Color)
Single colors are going to be brighter than RGB (multi-color) LEDs. The reason is that in an RGB LED there are three diodes: red, green and blue. The LED controller mixes those three colors to create other colors. For example, equal amounts of red + green + blue = white. In a single color LED, all three diodes are the same color. So in a single color white LED, there are three white LEDs which is much brighter than an RGB led mixed to show white. If you're looking for the absolute brightest color for your truck, go with single color. If however you want to be able to change the colors from time to time, go with RGB. Just be aware that the RGB version of isn't as bright as the single color version. The single color version is available in your choice of one of seven super-bright colors: Amber, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, White or Pink.
RGB / Multi-Color: For RGB led lighting an LED Controller is needed to operate the lights. The controller is what operates the lights and mixes the colors. In addition to providing a wireless on/off capability, the LED controllers offered allow you to control your lights with your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smart phone and our free smart phone APP (Android and IOS) OR the included RF wireless remote. With the included RF remote you can change between 7 colors (white, red, blue, green, light blue, lime green, pink) and functions of on/off, blending, strobing, breathing, flashing, fading and dimming. You can also use your Bluetooth enabled smart phone to create that custom look with over 16 million different color combinations plus three pre-sets along with color rotation programming with either 2 or 3 color sets. There is significantly more detail on the BLUETOOTH APP navigation tab on this product page.
NOTE: If purchasing RGB, be aware that an RGB LED cannot create the color orange. It can come close but not exact. Why? As mentioned previously, RGB leds have three color DIODES: RED, GREEN and BLUE. It's the mixing of these three colors together that create other colors. The color ORANGE is created by mixing RED + YELLOW. The color YELLOW is created by mixing RED + GREEN. With an RGB LED, there is only one RED diode so it can only be used once. To get something that looks more like orange to the human eye using RGB LEDs you need to mix equal amounts of RED + GREEN (actually just a bit less green since the human eye is more sensitive to green wavelengths). This will give you the color YELLOW. Then, increase the intensity of the RED just a little (or, pull back the green). This will essentially add a little red to the yellow to effectively mix a color that has an orange tint which is closer to AMBER. It's not perfect but it's as close as you can get to the color orange using RGB led lights.
DOT COMPLIANCE: The AMBER and RED single color LED strips are DOT COMPLIANT. They conform to applicable provisions of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requirements.
Available Product ConfigurationsPhotos of these product configuration options can be viewed in the product image carousel of this product.
- Single Color - No Switch. This is the default configuration. Just the single color light kits you select. No switching or battery connection wiring included. Assumes you are going to be wiring the lights into an existing 12vdc circuit with your own switch. Be sure to allocate additional amperage draw which depending upon the color, can be as much as 3.3 amps per 300 LEDs. In all cases we strongly suggest using a heavy duty 30 or 40 AMP automotive relay when wiring Boogey Lights to your existing system.
- Single Color w/Push-Button ON/OFF, Relay and battery connection wiring. Includes the single color light kits you select PLUS a wired push-button on/off switch, relay and battery connection wiring. The push-button switch can be surface mounted or mounted through a 3/8" hole.
- Single Color w/RF Wireless ON/OFF, Relay and battery connection wiring. Includes the single color light kits you select PLUS a wireless on/off RF remote control, relay and battery connection wiring.
- Multi-Color / RGB w/Wireless LED Controller + battery connection wiring. Includes the RGB multi-color LED light kits you select PLUS your choice of wireless RF/Bluetooth combo LED controllers along with battery connection wiring. NOTE: You have two LED Controller options here:
1) Single Zone RGB LED Controller. Max capacity is 1800 LEDs. Bluetooth + RF wireless control. All lights operate on a single zone. More details about this LED controller can be found on the Bluetooth + RF LED Controller product page.
2) Dual Zone RGB LED Controller. Max capacity of 3000 LEDs (1500 per zone). Bluetooth + RF wireless control. The dual zone LED controller allows you to setup two different lighting zones. The dual zone LED controller is recommended for customers who want to be able to segment the light kits into two different light zones. You can for example wire zone one to the Under-Glow and Rear Fairing Accent LEDs and zone two to the Under-Cab, Grill and Air Vent LEDs. Each zone can be operated independently OR together. Your choice. More details about this controller can be found on the Dual Zone LED Controller product page.
- Integrate with an Existing Boogey Lights RGB system. Select this configuration option if you already have an existing Boogey Lights multi-color RGB installation and are adding another light kit to your existing system. Example: You previously purchased our Under-Glow multi-color light system and RGB LED Controller. Now, you want to add the Grill and Air Vents to that existing system.Since you already have the RGB LED controller, you don't need to buy another one.
Using an RGB Controller with Single Color LEDs
YES! It can be done. The advantage of using an RGB controller with single color LEDs is that in addition to being able to turn them on/off, you can also dim the lights as well as access additional features such as flashing, strobbing and breathing. Plus, if the LED Controller is Bluetooth capable, you can also control your single color lights via Bluetooth.
If you're thinking of using an RGB LED controller with single color LEDs, here's a wiring diagram to assist you.
All of our installation documentation and wiring diagrams are available online for download at any time. Here are links to the installation manuals for each of the light kits offered on this product:
- Under-Glow: Download
- Under-Cab: Download
- Grill: Download
- Air Vents: Download
- Hood Accent: Download
- Rear Fairing Accent: Download
- Tail-Turn-Brake: Download
Here's a diagram of the available LED Light Kits and their mounting locations on the truck.