Multi-Function RF Wireless LED Controller with KEY FOB Remote
Includes color switching, dimming (4 settings), fading, breathing and strobing functions. RF KEY FOB remote include a sliding cover for the buttons and color blending mode! Displays seven colors: RED, GREEN, BLUE, WHITE, LIGHT BLUE, BOOGEY LIGHTS GREEN (Lime Green/Yellow), HOT PINK/PURPLE. Water resistant but NOT waterproof. Intended to be installed in a location protected from water.
Boogey Lights® controllers have built in protection against overload, short circuit or reverse polarity situations. If it detects any problems the controller will shutdown and not function until the fault is repaired. While these are rated for a specific number of LED's your particular installation may affect the actual number of LED's you can run on these controllers.
All Boogey Lights® controllers operate on 12vdc which is readily available on just about any motor vehicle. Our entry level base controller (BLRC-002, BLRC-002+, BLRC-010+) is designed to work with 12vdc power between 11.9 and 12.9vdc which works with the vast majority of vehicles. However depending upon your vehicles power source (charger or inverter), the amount of dc voltage your vehicle is putting out may exceed these design specifications (commonly referred to as over-voltage). In this situation our entry level base controller will either shut itself off or the LEDs will dim. This is to protect the circuitry in the controller from getting too hot. If you're concerned about this occurring with your vehicle we suggest either upgrading to the optional SUPER or COMBO CONTROLLERS which are more robust and have over-voltage circuitry built-in. You can also purchase our optional BATTERY SAVER which can be used inline to protect the controller. If you're unsure or have questions, give one of our technicians a call.
Remote Control Operation Guide
The LOCK button (upper left) is used to select the desired effect. There are 7 different effects you can select using Lock. Change from one effect to the next by simply pressing Lock. Within each of these effect settings the UNLOCK (upper right) and LIGHTNING BOLT (bottom left) buttons control the speed of the effect, the color and/or the brightness. The BELL button (bottom right) always turns your lights off.
- Press the LOCK button once to turn ON the first color. It will be either red, green or blue, depending on which white wire you attached to the red, green and blue wires from the LED strips. In this “on” mode you can change the displayed color by pressing the UNLOCK button repeatedly. Dim the LEDs by pressing the LIGHTENING BOLT button while displaying any color. The brightness is reduced each time you press the LIGHTENING BOLT button. After 5 presses it will revert to the brightest setting.
- Press the LOCK button a second time to make a selected color FLASH. Press the UNLOCK button to change colors and the LIGHTENING BOLT button to control the speed of the flashing. Each time you press the LIGHTENING BOLT the flash will slow down, up to 4 times. On the fifth press it will resume full speed.
- Press the LOCK button a third time to SWITCH COLORS AUTOMATICALLY. In this mode the LIGHTENING BOLT controls the speed of the color switching and the UNLOCK button controls the brightness of the LEDs by further dimming them each time you press it, reseting them to full brightness on the 5th click.
- Pressing button LOCK button a fourth time activates the BREATHING MODE. In this mode the lights will go bright then dim, as if they are breathing. They automatically change colors with each “breath.” In breathing mode the LIGHTENING BOLT button controls the speed of the breathing. The UNLOCK button is not operational in this mode.
- The fifth time you press the LOCK button you’ll activate the STROBE MODE. In this mode you can use the LIGHTENING BOLT button to change the pattern of the strobe and the UNLOCK button to change the color.
- On the sixth press of the LOCK button you’ll enter the COLOR CHANGING STROBE MODE. In this mode the LIGHTENING BOLT button changes the strobe pattern and the UNLOCK button is inactive.
- Pressing the LOCK button a seventh time activates the COLOR BLENDING MODE. The colors continuously change in this mode. Control the speed of the blending by repeatedly pressing the UNLOCK button in this mode. You can also control brightness using the LIGHTENING BOLT button.
- You can turn the lights OFF in ANY MODE by pressing the BELL button.