SINGLE-COLOR LED ADD-ON Strips with Power Leads
Hi-Intensity Single-Color LED ADD-ON strip with heat shrink power lead and mounting kit. Available in seven different LED colors: Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red, UV/Purple and White. Your choice of BLACK or WHITE Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and varying lengths of color matched power lead to suit your application. Low-profile surface-mounted 5050 super-bright high-intensity LEDs, IP65 rated, 2 ounce copper PCB, 1.2mm 3M backing tape for extra holding power. 3M promoter included. 12vdc. These ADD-ON LED strips can be used with one of our Single-Color LED lighting base kits OR can be used on their own in a stand-alone application. They can be turned on/off with a simple pushbutton switch or one of our single color controllers (not included).
- Power lead lengths of 10' and 15' use 22AWG wire.
- Power lead lengths of 20', 25' and 50' use 20AWG wire.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY NOTICE FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE APPLICATIONS
These surface mounted Hi-Intensity LED strips are NOT intended to be used on heavy duty commercial equipment or in environments where the strips are mounted on commercial vehicles frequently traveling roads treated with corrosive chemicals often used for melting snow and ice. Additionally, they are not built to withstand significant flexing of the surface the strip is mounted to. Some examples include on semi-truck trailers as well as tow trucks where there is significant movement, bending or flexing of the surface to which the strip is mounted. Hi-Intensity Strips that fail in these operating environments ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. For these types of operating environments we recommend our HEAVY DUTY LED strips.
Please allow one extra day for shipping. Due to the custom nature of our ADD-ON LED strips we do not stock every possible combination of PCB color, LED lengths and power lead lengths. Some of the less popular combinations have to be made as the order comes in.
NOTE: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
Designing Your Lighting Solution
There is no set installation configuration. Whether you have a motor home, bus, 5th wheel, tag-along travel trailer, pontoon boat, utility trailer, food truck or semi-truck the configuration concepts are pretty much the same. Your rig and your imagination are the only limits (well, and your budget). Here are some things to keep in mind when designing and installing our Hi-Intensity LED Strips.
- Our Hi-Intensity LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs to accommodate shorter runs. Just make sure you are cutting them where marked AND that you seal the cut end to keep moisture out.
- The maximum length of one Boogey Lights® Hi-Intensity strip is 16'. Multiple 16' strips CAN NOT be daisy chained together. If you want to do a run longer than 16', you can butt two strips together to get the desired length. That said, we rarely see an installation that required doing this for a lack of light. Boogey Lights® LEDs are so bright that one 16' strip should provide more light than you'll need. Simply centering one 16' strip will in most cases be sufficient.
- If you're using our mutli-color LED strips, the maximum number of 16' LED strips that can be powered at one time depends on which controller you're using. Our Heavy Duty controller will power at least six 16' LED strips. You might be able to get 7 depending upon your wiring. That said, it's possible to add additional controllers and manage those controllers with one RF remote. Lots of possibilities. The limitation ultimately comes down to your power source.
- If you're using our single-color LED strips, make sure you are not over-loading the circuit they are attached to. As with all lighting solutions, each LED strip should be properly fused. If for any reason there is a dead short in the strip, you want the power to that strip to be cut off to avoid over-heating and potentially burning.
- For multi-color LED strip installations, be mindful of where your power source is located as well as where you will be mounting the controller. The power lead for each Hi-Intensity strip needs to connect directly to the controller at your power source. Knowing where your controller will be mounted in relation to where the LED strip will be placed will determine how much power lead cable is needed on each LED strip.
- When mounting on the bottom of any vehicle we recommend making sure you are not mounting the strip in-line with the wheels or in areas that might be prone to a direct strike from road debris. While Boogey Lights® Hi-Intensity LED strips are made for motorsports applications, they will likely not survive a direct strike from a hard object. If you are concerned the LED strips might be hit by road debris due to their mounting location we recommend using our Heavy Duty LED Strips which are better able to survive a direct strike from road debris.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck to is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. This includes making sure the mounting surface is smooth and free from oil, wax or other solvents. Most LED light kits we sell includes 3M® promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this 3M® promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit. For the power lead wires that feed the LED strip we include some extra 3M® tape and zip tie mounts. If you purchased an LED light strip that does not include this primer, we offer primer for sale individually or in cans.
- The length of power lead between the LED light strip and the power source absolutely impacts the brightness and power consumption of the light strip. This is an important concept to keep in mind when designing your setup. For power lead lengths longer than 15 feet (and less than 76'), we recommend using 20 gauge power lead wire which we offer for sale on our website. The lower the gauge number, the thicker the cable. The thicker the cable, the less power loss there is over longer distances.
- AMPERAGE Data for most Boogey Lights products can be found on our website.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. We've done this thousands of times. We know what works.