LED Light Kit for Boats (Multi-Color)
Light up your boat with a Boogey Lights® LED light kit! Designed specifically for outdoor use this multi-color LED light kit is incredibly bright. Our low profile hi-intensity LED strips are perfect for mounting just about anywhere in a boat that isn't submerged. They produce a smooth, even glow of light to give your boat that custom look. Our LED light kits provide both functional lighting as well as decorative, accent LED lighting. The base LED light consists of your choice of two 4' LED strips (144 LEDs) or two 8' LED strips (288 LEDs), each with a 10' power lead. Each LED strip will light any area with any of seven different colors and animate them with special effects using the included wireless RF remote control. Powered by 12vdc. IP65 rated. Not intended for use under-water. If mounting in an area where lights will be exposed to salt water, we recommend mounting in a protective channel such as our Mini T-12 aluminum channels and diffusers.
Wireless Remote Style: We offer two RF wireless remote control options from which to choose. The M7 style remote is the most popular because of it's large, easy-to-use and see buttons. The KEY FOB style remote is smaller and is key chain ready.
Bluetooth Smartphone Capable: In addition to the wireless remote control that's included in the base kit, you can also make your lights bluetooth capable. This allows you to control your Boogey Lights with your bluetooth capable smartphone and our free APP (IOS or Android). More details about the bluetooth option can be found in the OPTIONS tab.
LED Controller Capacity: Our base LED controller is the SUPER Duty LED controller. It will power up to 900 LEDS or three single 16' LED strips. For most, this is all that's needed. We however do offer the option to increase that capacity to 1800 LEDs using our HEAVY DUTY LED controller (6 - 16' LED strips). In this scenario the customer is typically adding more LED strips to the installation. Both of these controllers operate on one zone meaning all LED strips attached to the LED controller will do the same thing. We offer a DUAL ZONE controller which is capable of powering up to 3,000 LEDs, with 1500 LEDs capacity on each zone. Each Lighting Zone can be controlled and programmed individually or together. More information about this controller option can be found on the OPTIONS tab.
PCB Color: Select BLACK or WHITE PCB. The default selection is BLACK.
Antenna Style: The default antenna selection is permanently attached to the LED controller. It cannot be moved or extended. We offer an Extended Range antenna option which is available on some of our LED controller configurations. More details on this option can be found on the OPTIONS tab.
Add Long Range M7 Remote: The long range M7 remote will at least double the transmission distance of the standard M7 wireless remote. You can add this long range M7 remote. Only works if you select the M7 wireless Remote Style. Note that the DUAL ZONE LED controller already includes this Long Range M7 remote as standard.
Add Extra 3M Adhesion Primer: All of our lighting kits come with 3M adhesion primer sufficient to do the installation. Some folks however prefer to order extra; just in case.
- Install this marine LED light kit anwhere you want to light up your boat. Common locations are in the cockpit, under the gunwales or under the bimini. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Optional - Add additional 2', 4' or 8' strips as needed to provide more light or accent other areas of the boat.
- Optional - Add MINI-PODS to illuminate areas where a strip won't fit.
- Optional - Add HEAVY DUTY LED STRIPS (IP67 rated) to areas that are submerged for brief periods of time or might be subject to direct impact.
- WE STRONGLY SUGGEST BENCH TESTING YOUR LIGHTS AND CONTROLLER BEFORE MOUNTING! We cannot emphasize this enough. Probably 95% of all calls we receive from customers are about problems or issues that could have easily been avoided had the customer taken the extra 15 minutes to bench test their lighting setup before installation. Not only does bench testing give you an opportunity to understand the configuration, it also will flush out any problems or misunderstanding about the product and use before mounting.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be and how you are going to route the power leads from the power source to your LEDs.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your vehicle. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. Since 1989 we've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
Did we mention that using the 3M® Adhesion Promoter included in this kit is an important step in the installation process you should not skip?
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!
There are a number of options available which you may wish to consider. If you have a question as to what you need, call us! We're here to help.
- ADD-ON LEDs. Want to add more LEDs to your marine LED lighting setup? Your imagination is only the limit when it comes to the possibilities! We offer multi-color RGB ADD-ON LED Strips avaialble with 10, 15, 20, 25 adn 50' power lead lengths to fit just about any application.
- Heavy Duty LED Strips. These Heavy Duty LED strips are built EXTRA tough. IP67 rated, they are ideal for use in locations that will be submerged for short periods of time or subjected to direct impact.
- MINI-POD Hi-Intensity LEDs. Mini-POD LEDs easily attach to just about anywhere. Because they are enclosed in a sonic-welded plastic case some customers prefer to use them in hard to reach locations where a strip isn't practical.
- Power Lead Extension Kit. The LED strips in this kit come with 10' power leads. There may however be situations where you need longer power leads. Our power lead extension kit allows you to extend the power lead wire.
- Waterproof Quick Disconnects. These handy waterproof quick-disconnectors can be used in situations where you want to be able to remove a power lead. These 4 conductor quick-disconnects make it simple.
- Additional M7 RF Remotes. If you want an extra RF remote (or need to replace one), this is the answer. You can pair up to three M7 remotes with one controller.
- Dual Lock Recloseable Fasteners. We've found this 3M® Dual Lock fastening system to be the perfect solution for mounting Boogey Lights® controllers in locations where you might want to be able to remove them at some point in the future. Use this Dual Lock Fastener instead of the permanent 3M® double-sided tape.