LED Light Kit for Pontoon Boats (Multi-Color)
Light up your pontoon boat with a Boogey Lights® LED light kit! Designed specifically for outdoor use this multi-color LED light kit is incredibly bright. Our low profile hi-intensity LED strips are perfect for mounting just about anywhere in a boat that isn't submerged. They produce a smooth, even glow of light to give your boat that custom look. Our LED light kits provide both functional lighting as well as decorative, accent LED lighting. The base Pontoon Boat LED light kit consists of two, 16' LED strips each with a 15' power lead on your choice of Black or White PCB. Width is 3/8" (10mm). Height is 1/8" (3mm) . Each LED strip will light the area with any of seven different colors and animate them with special effects using the included wireless RF remote control. Powered by 12vdc. IP65 rated. Not intended for use under-water. If mounting in an area where lights will be exposed to salt water, we recommend mounting in a protective channel such as our Mini T-12 aluminum channels and difusers.
Want more color options? You can upgrade the remote control to a our wireless Bluetooth controller which will allow you to display up to 16 million different colors. Each strip has authentic 3M industrial strength backing tape affixed to the back of the strip making them easy to install. Installation supplies includes 3M promoter.
NOTE: Warranty is void if used under-water or in salt-water environments.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
Upgrade to Series 2 Bluetooth + RF Combo
Now with Programmable Color Rotation Feature. With any of the Boogey Lights® BLUETOOTH controllers you can control your lights with your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled Android or IOS smart-phone. These high-tech controllers are capable of displaying 16 million different color combinations. In addition, lighting effects on the Smart-phone. controller are significantly more controllable in terms of speed and intensity. Each color and lighting effect is controlled by "sliders" or a color square on your smart-phone. screen so you can adjust the speed and intensity to get the lighting exactly the way you want it. Also, all of our SERIES 2 Bluetooth Combo controllers include an RF remote control allowing for quick on/off of the controller. You can operate this controller with the included RF wireless remote (your choice of M7 or KEYFOB remotes) OR you can use your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smart-phone. and our free smart-phone. APP (Android and IOS). We also offer a DUAL ZONE controller which is capable of powering up to 3,000 LEDs, with 1500 LEDs capacity on each zone. Each Lighting Zone can be controlled and programmed individually or together. More information about this controller option can be found on the OPTIONS tab.
BLUETOOTH: Original Firmware vs Series 2 Firmware
With the introduction of our SERIES 2 controller firmware the Boogey Lights® Bluetooth APP and controller offer the ability to program the controller to display two or three colors of your choice and then rotate those colors in sequence. For example, let's say it's Fourth of July and you want your lights to rotate through the color sequence of RED, WHITE and BLUE . Or, perhaps your favorite sports team's colors are Red and White and you want your RV or motorcycle to continually rotate through a color sequence of RED and WHITE. This SERIES 2 firmware controller and smartphone APP will do that - and more. You can for instance vary the speed of the sequence as well as the brightness. You can also choose from one of two different sequencing effect modes: BREATHING or ROLLING. Additionally, you can save these configurations in up to 3 presets such that you're able to recall the lighting configuration with a press of a button. This functionality only works when using your Bluetooth device - not with the included RF wireless remote control.
We offer the Original Bluetooth Firmware controller at a reduce price because it does not offer the color rotation programming capabililty included in the SERIES 2. The Original Firmware version however is still a very capable Bluetooth LED Controller. You can for example control your LED lights using your smartphone to select from up to 16 million color combinations, flashing, strobbing, breathing, color changing, dimming and on/off. There are three preset options too which allow you to save your favorite light settings. The Original Bluetooth Firmware is a great option for the budget conscious shopper who wants Bluetooth connectivity but wants to save some money.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
- Install this LED light kit anywhere you want to light up your boat. Common locations are under the deck just above each pontoon (see photo). It provides a nice glow on the pontoons and water. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Optional - Add additional 2', 4', 8' or 16' strips as needed across the bow, stern, under the bimini or in the cockpit to accent other areas of the boat.
- Optional - Add MINI-PODS to illuminate areas where a strip won't fit.
- Optional - Add HEAVY DUTY LED STRIPS (IP67 rated) to areas that are submerged for brief periods of time or might be subject to direct impact.
Depending upon the mounting surface of your deck you may need want to consider using our WIRETRAK or ALUMINUM CHANNELS. Both make for a smooth installation as they can easily be screwed to the decking surface and then attach the light strips to them.
- WE STRONGLY SUGGEST BENCH TESTING YOUR LIGHTS AND CONTROLLER BEFORE MOUNTING! We cannot emphasize this enough. Probably 95% of all calls we receive from customers are about problems or issues that could have easily been avoided had the customer taken the extra 15 minutes to bench test their lighting setup before installation. Not only does bench testing give you an opportunity to understand the configuration, it also will flush out any problems or misunderstanding about the product and use before mounting.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be and how you are going to route the power leads from the power source to your LEDs.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your vehicle. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. Since 1989 we've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
Did we mention that using the 3M® Adhesion Promoter included in this kit is an important step in the installation process you should not skip?
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!
There are a number of options available which you may wish to consider. If you have a question as to what you need, call us! We're here to help.
- ADD-ON LEDs. Want to add more LEDs to your pontoon boat LED lighting setup? Your imagination is only the limit when it comes to the possibilities! We offer multi-color RGB ADD-ON LED Strips available with 10, 15, 20, 25 and 50' power lead lengths to fit just about any application.
- WIRETRAK RACEWAY. This plastic raceway makes it easy to mount our LEDs to surfaces that aren't smooth. They also are very handy for situations where you need to hide and protect cabling.
- MINI T12 ALUMINUM LED STRIP CHANNELs. An upgrade from the plastic WIRETRAK raceways, these aluminum channels and the optional opal diffuser make for a very clean and professional look while also providing a means by which to mount the LED strips to a surface that isn't smooth.
- Heavy Duty LED Strips. These Heavy Duty LED strips are built EXTRA tough. IP67 rated, they are ideal for use in locations that will be submerged for short periods of time or subjected to direct impact.
- MINI-POD Hi-Intensity LEDs. Mini-POD LEDs easily attach to just about anywhere. Because they are enclosed in a sonic-welded plastic case some customers prefer to use them in hard to reach locations where a strip isn't practical.
- Power Lead Extension Kit. The LED strips in this kit come with 10' power leads. There may however be situations where you need longer power leads. Our power lead extension kit allows you to extend the power lead wire.
- Waterproof Quick Disconnects. These handy waterproof quick-disconnectors can be used in situations where you want to be able to remove a power lead. These 4 conductor quick-disconnects make it simple.
- Additional M7 RF Remotes. If you want an extra RF remote (or need to replace one), this is the answer. You can pair up to three M7 remotes with one controller.
- Dual Lock Recloseable Fasteners. We've found this 3M® Dual Lock fastening system to be the perfect solution for mounting Boogey Lights® controllers in locations where you might want to be able to remove them at some point in the future. Use this Dual Lock Fastener instead of the permanent 3M® double-sided tape.