LED Light Kit for Pontoon Boats (Single-Color)
Light up your pontoon boat with a Boogey Lights® LED light kit! Designed specifically for outdoor use this single-color LED light kit is incredibly bright. Our low profile hi-intensity LED strips are perfect for mounting just about anywhere on or in a boat that isn't submerged. They produce a smooth, even glow of light to give your boat that custom look. Our LED light kits provide both functional lighting as well as decorative, accent LED lighting. The base Pontoon Boat LED light kit consists of two, 16' LED strips each with a 15' power lead on your choice of Black or White PCB. LED colors available in WHITE, RED, BOOGEY LIGHTS® GREEN (lime green), BLUE, PINK, ORANGE and PURPLE. You can upgrade the kit to include a wireless remote control that in addition to on/off functionality, offers lighting effects that include four levels of dimming, strobing, fading and "breathing" using the included key-fob wireless controller. Powered by 12vdc. IP65 rated. Not intended for use under-water. If mounting in an area where lights will be exposed to salt water, we recommend mounting in a protective channel such as our Mini T-12 aluminum channels and diffusers.
Important Note On Purple LEDs! All purple LED’s on the market today are actually ultra-violet (U/V) and produce a soft purple glow particularly when used on chrome motorcycle engines. The color however is not a real bright effect like you’ll get with red, blue, green, orange, etc. If you want a subtle purple glow that looks great, then the U/V LED’s may well be for you. If however you want the brightest lights possible, you will not be happy with purple.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
- Install this LED light kit anywhere you want to light up your boat. Common locations are under the deck just above each pontoon (see photo). It provides a nice glow on the pontoons and water. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Optional - Add additional 2', 4', 8' or 16' strips as needed across the bow, stern, under the bimini or in the cockpit to accent other areas of the boat.
- Optional - Add MINI-PODS to illuminate areas where a strip won't fit.
- Optional - Add HEAVY DUTY LED STRIPS (IP67 rated) to areas that are submerged for brief periods of time or might be subject to direct impact.
Depending upon the mounting surface of your deck you may need want to consider using our WIRETRAK or ALUMINUM CHANNELS. Both make for a smooth installation as they can easily be screwed to the decking surface and then attach the light srips to them.
- WE STRONGLY SUGGEST BENCH TESTING YOUR LIGHTS AND CONTROLLER BEFORE MOUNTING! We cannot emphasize this enough. Probably 95% of all calls we receive from customers are about problems or issues that could have easily been avoided had the customer taken the extra 15 minutes to bench test their lighting setup before installation. Not only does bench testing give you an opportunity to understand the configuration, it also will flush out any problems or misunderstanding about the product and use before mounting.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be and how you are going to route the power leads from the power source to your LEDs.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your vehicle. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. Since 1989 we've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
Did we mention that using the 3M® Adhesion Promoter included in this kit is an important step in the installation process you should not skip?
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!
There are a number of options available which you may wish to consider. If you have a question as to what you need, call us! We're here to help.
- ADD-ON LEDs. Want to add more LEDs to your pontoon boat LED lighting setup? Your imagination is only the limit when it comes to the possibilities! We offer multi-color RGB ADD-ON LED Strips avaialble with 10, 15, 20, 25 and 50' power lead lengths to fit just about any application.
- WIRETRAK RACEWAY. This plastic raceway makes it easy to mount our LEDs to surfaces that aren't smooth. They also are very handy for situations where you need to hide and protect cabling.
- MINI T12 ALUMINUM LED STRIP CHANNELs. An upgrade from the plastic WIRETRAK raceways, these aluminum channels and the optional opal diffuser make for a very clean and professional look while also providing a means by which to mount the LED strips to a surface that isn't smooth.
- Heavy Duty LED Strips. These Heavy Duty LED strips are built EXTRA tough. IP67 rated, they are ideal for use in locations that will be submerged for short periods of time or subjected to direct impact.
- MINI-POD Hi-Intensity LEDs. Mini-POD LEDs easily attach to just about anywhere. Because they are enclosed in a sonic-welded plastic case some customers prefer to use them in hard to reach locations where a strip isn't practical.
- Power Lead Extension Kit. The LED strips in this kit come with 10' power leads. There may however be situations where you need longer power leads. Our power lead extension kit allows you to extend the power lead wire.
- Waterproof Quick Disconnects. These handy waterproof quick-disconnectors can be used in situations where you want to be able to remove a power lead. These 4 conductor quick-disconnects make it simple.
- Dual Lock Recloseable Fasteners. We've found this 3M® Dual Lock fastening system to be the perfect solution for mounting Boogey Lights® controllers in locations where you might want to be able to remove them at some point in the future. Use this Dual Lock Fastener instead of the permanent 3M® double-sided tape.
MARINE PHOTO GALLERY
Here are some photos customers have shared with us of their boats lit up with Boogey Lights®