Single Color LEDs on Black PCB
Single Color LEDs on Black PCB
Hi-Intensity Single Color LEDs sold by the foot. These are just like our multi-color RGB rolled product except now available in your choice of single color. Mounted on BLACK Printed Circuit Board (PCB) with 3M tape backing. 5050 high-intensity LEDs, IP65 rated. Can be turned on/off with one of our pushbutton on/off switches or one of our remotes (not included).
Important Note: If you are buying this product we have to assume you know what you're doing. Only the most technically capable should be attempting to do their own soldering to attach power leads to the LED strip. If you aren't familiar with flexible Printed Circuit Board layout, how to identify the GROUND solder point on the PCB, how to solder (too much heat could melt the PCB and/or damage the closest LEDs), how to test your work before permanently installing and in general how LED strip lighting works, we strongly suggest allowing us to do the soldering and heat shrinking for you (select our ADD-ON SINGLE COLOR LEDS WITH POWER LEAD). If there is a problem with the LED light strip which we determine could be a result of how the power lead was attached, the warranty will be void.
- Because LEDs are manufactured based on the metric system, we have to do some conversions for this product to make sense to consumers in the United States. As such, when you order lengths more than one foot, you will always receive a little more length than you asked for. For this reason. the measurements in length are not exact to the foot. For those who wish to do the conversion, there are 20 groups of 3 LEDs (or 60 LEDs) for every METER of length (1 meter = 3.28 feet).
- There are 18 LEDs every 11 7/8" consisting of 6 groups of 3 LEDs.
- The LED strip can be cut every 3 LEDs if you so choose.
- We offer power wire connectors (not included) if you wish to cut the strip into multiple pieces. Simply crimp on the power lead to those sections you cut to get power to them. See video below on how to do this. You can also solder on a power lead using our 2 or 4 conductor wire.
- Maximum length for one single strip is about 16 feet (5 meters). We also sell this product by the roll at a considerable savings over buying it by the foot.
- The Black PCB (Printed Circuit Board) makes this LED strip ideal for situations where the lights will be mounted on a LIGHT colored surface. The strip will blend in better with the surface when the lights are not on. If you are mounting these lights on DARK background you may not be happy with the results. Consider purchasing our single-color product on White PCB.
- Genuine 3M adhesive tape is affixed to the back of the LED strip.
- IP65 rating means these lights can withstand low pressure jets of water from all directions.
- Three year warranty on the LEDs.
To power the LED strip you will need to attach power lead wire to one end of the LED strip. There are two ways to do this. First is using the CRIMP-ON connector. This is a popular option for those who are unfamiliar with soldering or don't have a soldering iron handy. It's simple enough to do using the CRIMP-ON power lead connectors we offer. The second option is soldering. While the soldering method does require a soldering iron (a soldering iron can be purchased at just about any hardware store for less than $20), we prefer this method as we've found soldering to be more robust and durable long term. That said, both methods will work. Below are two videos that walk you through both processes: CRIMP-ON and SOLDERING.
POWER LEAD SOLDERING OPTION
We now offer the option to add a factory soldered 5'-0" power lead onto the end of all our LED By The Foot product. Simply select the POWER LEAD SOLDERING FEE. You can also call us to place the order over the phone. Note: This option could delay the shipping of your order by one day. Ask our friendly sales department for details.
Tips for installing our Crimp On Power Wire Leads onto our LED By The Foot Strips:
- Remove a small section of the polyurethane from the top - about 1/4"
- Remove a small section of the 3M tape from the back - about 1/4"
- Remove the hinged plastic tab by cutting with sidecuts/diagonals
- Slide the pcb board into the groove on the connector until the copper points on the strip are securely underneath the four (4) silver metal tabs on the connector and make contact
- Once you confirm you have a good, solid connection use some Liquid Electrical Tape to seal and secure the connector to the LED strip
- Slide a piece of large heat shrink tubing over the connector and shrink it tight
- When wiring up our single color lights using these crimp on power leads you will only use 2 of the 4 wires. One will be the ground and the other the positive. Once determined which 2 you are using you can cut off the extra wires as desired.