Pickup Truck Under-Glow Kit (Multi-Color)
Pickup Truck Under-Glow LED Kit (Multi-Color)
Light up your Pickup Truck or Jeep with a Boogey Lights® Under-Glow LED light kit! Designed specifically for outdoor use this multi-color Under-Glow light kit is incredibly bright. Our low profile hi-intensity LED strips are perfect for mounting underneath your vehicle. They produce a smooth, even glow of light to give it the custom look. The base Under-Glow kit consisting of 144 LEDs will light the area under most standard wheel vehicles with any of seven different colors and animate them with special effects using the included wireless RF remote control.
Want more color options? You can upgrade the remote control to a our wireless Bluetooth controller which will allow you to display up to 16 million different colors. Each strip has authentic 3M industrial strength backing tape affixed to the back of the strip making them easy to install. Installation supplies includes 3M promoter.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
Upgrade to Series 2 Bluetooth + RF Combo
Now with Programmable Color Rotation Feature. With any of the Boogey Lights® BLUETOOTH controllers you can control your lights with your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled Android or IOS smartphone. These high-tech controllers are capable of displaying 16 million different color combinations. In addition, lighting effects on the Smartphone controller are signficantly more controllable in terms of speed and intensity. Each color and lighting effect is controlled by "sliders" or a color square on your smartphone screen so you can adjust the speed and intensity to get the lighting exactly the way you want it. Also, all of our SERIES 2 Bluetooth Combo controllers include an RF remote control allowing for quick on/off of the controller. You can operate this controller with the included RF wireless remote (your choice of M7 or KEYFOB remotes) OR you can use your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smartphone and our free smartphone APP (Android and IOS).
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
- Install this Under-Glow Kit under each side of the vehicle. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Optional - Add a 2' or 4' strip under the front or rear of your vehicle.
- Optional - Add a 2' (or 4') strip in the grill.
- Optional - Add a 2' strip (or Heavy Duty LED or Mini-PODs) in each wheel well.
We offer ADD-ON strips with 10' power leads. We also offer POWER LEAD EXTENSION kits.
- WE STRONGLY SUGGEST BENCH TESTING YOUR LIGHTS AND CONTROLLER BEFORE MOUNTING! We cannot emphasize this enough. Probably 95% of all calls we receive from customers are about problems or issues that could have easily been avoided had the customer taken the extra 15 minutes to bench test their lighting setup before installation. Not only does bench testing give you an opportunity to understand the configuration, it also will flush out any problems or misunderstanding about the product and use before mounting.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be and how you are going to route the power leads from the power source to your LEDs.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your vehicle. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. Since 1989 we've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
Did we mention that using the 3M® Adhesion Promoter included in this kit is an important step in the installation process you should not skip?
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!
There are a number of options available which you may wish to consider. If you have a question as to what you need, call us! We're here to help.
- ADD-ON LEDs. Want to add more LEDs to your Pickup Truck lighting setup? Your imagination is only the limit when it comes to the possibilities! We offer multi-color RGB ADD-ON LED Strips for our Pickup Truck Under-Glow Light kit.
- Heavy Duty LED Strips. These Heavy Duty LED strips are built EXTRA tough. Ideal for use in locations such as wheel wells and areas where rocks are more likely to impact the LED strip directly.
- MINI-POD Hi-Intensity LEDs. Mini-POD LEDs easily attach to just about anywhere. Because they are enclosed in a sonic-welded plastic case some customers prefer to use them in hard to reach locations where a strip isn't practical.
- Power Lead Extension Kit. The LED strips in this kit come with 10' power leads. There may however be situations where you need longer power leads. Our power lead extension kit allows you to extend the power lead wire.
- Waterproof Quick Disconnects. These handy waterproof quick-disconnectors can be used in situations where you want to be able to remove a power lead. These 4 conductor quick-disconnects make it simple.
- Additional M7 RF Remotes. If you want an extra RF remote (or need to replace one), this is the answer. You can pair up to three M7 remotes with one controller.
- Dual Lock Recloseable Fasteners. We've found this 3M® Dual Lock fastening system to be the perfect solution for mounting Boogey Lights® controllers in locations where you might want to be able to remove them at some point in the future. Use this Dual Lock Fastener instead of the permanent 3M® double-sided tape.