Pickup Truck Under-Glow LED Light Kit
Pickup Truck Under-Glow LED Light Kit
Light up your Pickup Truck with a Boogey Lights® Under-Glow LED light kit! Our super bright, low profile LED strips are built tough to withstand harsh operating environments. And with more LEDs per inch than any other LED light strip on the market, nothing is brighter! This kit can be configured to provide simple under-glow (two sides - drivers and passengers), full perimeter (two sides + front + rear) and even in the wheel wells. Available in single color as well as multi-color RGB. Input voltage is 12vdc. LED light strips are constructed with 2 ounce copper PCB with 1.2mm of industrial strength 3M adhesive tape. 3M promoter included ensure these lights will stay stuck. LEDs are hi-intensity super-bright 5050 LEDs based on our low-profile surface mounted LED strips. The wheel well LEDs use our Heavy Duty LED strips.
The single color version of this kit can be wired directly into or off existing switch if desired; or, add a wireless on/off remote. The RGB/Multi-Color version requires an LED controller to operate; make your selection from the drop down box above. The RGB LED Controllers offered are our popular COMBO RF + BLUETOOTH heavy duty LED controllers. Both a single zone and dual zone controller are offered. See the CONFIGURATION TAB for more detail on these controllers.
The base under-glow kit consists of a single LED strip (4', 6' or 8') on each side of the truck. If you want to light up more of the truck, we offer options to add an LED strip under the front bumper, under the rear bumper, in the four wheel wells and even the grill if you want. See the CONFIGURATIONS tab on the navigation bar for more detail on each of these configurations.
LED LENGTHS | NUMBER OF LEDS
- 2' LED strip ~ 36 LEDs
- 4' LED strip ~ 72 LEDs
- 6' LED strip ~ 108 LEDs
- 8' LED strip ~ 144 LEDs
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS you may need.
This product has a number of configuration options. The base kit includes LED strips for each side of the truck. You can however also add a FRONT LED strip (under the front bumper), a REAR LED strip (under the rear bumper), in the WHEEL WELLS and inside the GRILL. Here's more information on each of the options offered.
Switching & Controller OptionsSingle-Color Lighting configurations
- No Switch (default). Lights will need to be wired into your existing existing switch. Make sure the circuit you're connecting to is capable of handling the amperage draw. This option is for Single Color LEDs only.
- Wireless RF ON/OFF with Key Fob. A simple wireless ON/OFF remote with 2 handheld remotes and 40amp relay. The wireless ON/OFF remote is capable of switching a maximum of 5 amps however we include the 40amp relay as some of the light configurations here will draw more than 5amps. We suggest using the 40amp relay in the wiring circuit regardless. This ON/OFF remote measures 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" x 7/8". Single Color LEDs only.
- Wireless RF ON/OFF/DIM/STROB with Key Fob OR M7 style remote. A step up from the ON/OFF wireless remote that gives you the ability to also dim and strob the LEDs. This remote measures 4-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 7/8". 10amps maximum.
- Wireless RF + Bluetooth RGB LED Controller with M7 style remote- Single Zone. This controller is designed to be used with RGB/Multi-Color LEDs. In addition to ON/OFF, this controller provides DIMMING, STROBBING and FLASHING capabilities. Plus, this LED controller will work with your Android® or iOS® Smart phone equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 (max of 16 million color possibilities). With the included RF remote you get all of the functionality of our popular Multi-Function Remote Control that allows you to change between 7 colors and functions of on/off, blending, strobing, breathing, flashing, fading and dimming. You can also use your Bluetooth enabled smart phone to create that custom look with over 16 million different color combinations plus three pre-sets and color rotation programming. See additional details (with video) on the Bluetooth APP and it's capabilities on the BLUETOOTH APP TAB appearing on this product page. It will also work with the included M7 Style RF wireless remote. You get the best of both worlds.This controller measures 5.5" long x 3.25" wide and 1.5" high.Will switch a maximum of 1800 LEDs on a single zone (about 20 amps total).
- Wireless RF + Bluetooth RGB LED Controller with M7 style remote - Dual Zone. This controller has the same specs as the single zone controller above EXCEPT instead on a single zone, there are TWO lighting zones. This controller allows the user to set up and operate two distinct RGB multi-color lighting zones which can be operated and controlled individually by this single LED controller. It's ideal for situations where you want to set your under-glow lights on one color and your grill or wheel well lights on another. Makes for some very cool lighting effects. Each lighting zone can contain a maximum of 1500 LEDs or about 20 amps per zone.
(see photos of the RF wireless remotes referenced for these controllers in the product image carousel above)
Side LED Lengths. Make your selection from the drop down. When measuring your truck make sure the mounting location is a SMOOTH, FLAT, CONTINUOUS surface to which the LED can be mounted to. The LED strip MUST be mounted flat against a single contiguous mounting surface, in a straight line. Really important the entire strip be stuck to the mounting surface and that you NOT attempt to span across mounting surfaces. If you do, the strip will almost certainly fail in the spot that isn't affixed firmly to the mounting surface (or, the point at which is spans across the two mounting surfaces). If you don't have a smooth, flat, contiguous mounting surface we recommend screwing 1.5" wide aluminum flat stock to the surface and then mount the LED strip to that flat stock. This aluminum flat stock can be purchased at just about any home improvement store or, we offer it for sale online too. Also, do not attempt to mount the strip to follow a radius. The LED strip has to be mounted in a straight line and flat. Failing to follow these mounting instructions will almost certainly result in a damaged LED strip which is not covered under warranty.
Front and Rear LED Lengths. Make your selection from the drop down. The same rules apply to mounting these LED strips as the side LED strips (see above).
Grill Light Option. We like to ring the grill opening with a single LED strip if possible; or at least the top and two sides. Not all grills however can be fitted this way. When making your led length selection for the grill light option we suggest looking at the inside of the grill area first to make sure you have room to mount the LED strip safely in that area. You need about 1.5" wide and a smooth flat surface. In some cases there isn't sufficient mounting surface to ring the entire grill opening with a single LED strip so instead, we suggest mounting a single led strip on the top (facing downward) or on the bottom (facing upward). Make sure the mounting location can't be seen from the outside of the truck. The goal is only see the glow from the LEDs; not the actual LEDs themselves. The LED strip can be cut every 3 LEDs if needed to fit your grill area. If you need to buy additional LED strips to accommodate your entire grill, you can do so by using this product -> LOW PROFILE SURFACE MOUNTED LED STRIPS.
Wheel Well LED Lengths. Make your selection from the drop down. Wheel Well LED strips use our HEAVY DUTY LEDS. They're encased in rubber so they're tougher than our standard low-profile surface mounted LEDs. Some trucks have larger wheel wells in the front than in the rear (or vise versa) which is why the options allow you to choose different lengths. Note that not all trucks will accommodate the installation of an LED strip in the wheel well due to the material used so be sure to look at your wheels wells first to make sure you have a surface you can mount to. When measuring your wheel wells, you're going to want to look for an area as far out as possible towards the side of the truck where the glow from the LED strip will shine down on the wheels (vs on top of the tire.)