Single Color LED Awning Light Kit for RVs, Campers & Trailers
The Boogey Lights® Single Color LED awning light kit is designed to attach to the side of an RV, trailer or camper just beneath the awning. Each LED strip is 16 feet long and can be cut if needed to fit your application. On full power it provides an incredible amount of light you control with the included wireless key fobs. Available in these color options: WHITE, RED, GREEN, BLUE, PINK, ORANGE and PURPLE. The lighting effects include four levels of dimming, strobing, fading and "breathing" using the included key-fob wireless controller. Our controllers operate on 12vdc which is readily available on just about any RV. We also offer an optional 110vac to 12vdc power converter if desired.
NOTE: The above photos show our optional UNDER-GLOW LED kit which is affixed to the bottom of the RV shining down on the ground.
Important Note On Purple LEDs! All purple LED’s on the market today are actually ultra-violet (U/V) and produce a soft purple glow particularly when used on motorcycle engines. The color however is not a real bright effect like you’ll get with red, blue, green, orange, etc. If you want a subtle purple glow that looks great, then the U/V LED’s may well be for you. If however you want the brightest lights possible, you will not be happy with purple.
Why Does The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Color Matter?
LED lights are mounted to a Printed Circuit Board (or PCB for short). The color of that PCB makes a difference in how the finished installation looks in the daylight. Our LED light strips come in two versions to match the surface the strip will be attached to. If you have a light colored RV, you will probably want to order the WHITE PCB light strip. If you have a dark colored RV, you will probably want to order the BLACK PCB light strip. Personal preference only.
PLEASE NOTE: The environmentally safe epoxy coating used to seal our LED strips will tend to have a yellowish tint over time – typically in a year or so. It will be more noticeable on LEDs mounted on white PCB vs black PCB. This yellowing does not impact the brightness or functionality of the LEDs. Also, strips that are exposed to UV sunlight won't tend to exhibit the yellowish tint as much as those that are used indoors.
There are a number of options available which you may wish to consider. If you have a question as to what you need, call us! We're here to help.
- Our standard awning light includes our PLUS version Remote Control. You have the option of purchasing this awning light without the controller. Why? Because some customers want to replace their existing factory awning light with a high-intensity, high-quality awning light and wire it directly into the existing switch mechanism. In this scenario you don't need the controller. Just be aware that without the controller you will not have the abilty to dim the lights. Also, if you are replacing an existing factory light you need to make sure you have the lights wired properly.
- 110vac to 12vdc power converter. In situations where you don't have access to sufficient 12vdc power, you can use this 110vac to 12vdc power converter.
- Four conductor power lead wire available in BLACK and WHITE. Typically used in situations where you need to extend to a power source further away than the standard 15' long power leads will reach.
- Wire Trak™ raceway used to hide power wires without drilling into your RV. This convenient, flexible and durable plastic raceway is easy to install (it uses 3M tape just like Boogey Lights® does) and does a great job of hiding the power cables leading up to the LED strip. Makes for a nice finished look.
- Waterproof Quick Disconnects. These handy waterproof quick-disconnectors can be used in situations where you want to be able to remove a power lead. These 4 conductor quick-disconnects make it simple.
Installing the Boogey Lights® LED awning kit is relatively simple. Typical installation time is about 90 minutes. Some things to keep in mind before you start.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be. Most RVs (motorhome, travel trailer or fifth wheel) have an electrical access panel somewhere on the right side of the RV where 12vdc power is available.
- Decide how you are going to connect the power lead coming from your LED light strip to the power source. Many RV awnings (particularly motorized awnings) have a mounting bar that is already affixed to the side of the RV. If so, you can usually run the power lead cable coming from the LED light strip inside that mounting bar. If not, you can use some flexible Wire Trak™ raceway to hide the power lead cable. The Wire Trak™ raceway uses the same 3M tape technology our Boogey Lights do so it's easy to affix the raceway to the side of your RV.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck to the side of your RV is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your RV. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. We've done this tens of thousands of times. We know what works.
- AMPERAGE Data for all Boogey Lights products can be found on our website.
NOTE: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferrior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
RV, MOTOR HOME, CAMPER CUSTOMER PHOTO GALLERY
Here are some photos customers have shared with us of their RV's with Boogey Lights®
These are great awning replacement lights. Really bright blu-white. I had ordered the multicolored set, but realized I'd have to drill a hole in the wall of my RV in order to mount the control box. Something I didn't want to do. When I called the customer service line and ordered a single color set they mistakenly sent blue rather than white. When I realized the mistake, I called them again and they sent me a replacement strand and a return shipping label. I received them a few days later. These are some heavy duty lights. Much heavier materials than the stock lights. They went up pretty easy and are very bright. I like them so much that I plan on buying another set to mount under the RV. I'll get a multicolored set that can be made into a custom length and controlled with a remote or by a phone app.
Bought the single color, just wanted to light up under our awnings at night so we could see to use our area. Our unit came with lights but they were useless, they were so dim you had to really look to see if they were even on. These lights are the best really light things up, very happy, not cheap but they really are the best. I didn’t get the remote, just wired them into the wiring that was already there for the factory lights.
Just got them installed, 40 Winnebago DP. Had them put on the slide just under the awning, it turns night into day. Although the install was more involved due to putting them on the slide, I am more than happy with the results. Much brighter than the junk at CW. I would highly recommend them if you are thinking about getting outdoor lights.
Got my lights. Just wanted to say, GREAT LIGHTS. Very pleased with the quality, the service and love how bright the lights are.
Many of my customers like the single color led lights for awning and wish they came longer than 16'. BOOGEY LIGHTS Comment: Thanks for your business! The 16' limitation is due to commercially available LED and PCB technology which make longer lengths impossible without sacrificing brightness and significantly increasing cost. The solution in today's market for longer runs is to use two LED strips powered by one controller. As much as we'd love to offer longer lengths, it's unfortunately not a variable we control. Thanks again for your business!
Installation went fine. No problems. Instructions were quite easy to read and were to the point. I used your converter from Ac to Dc as I could not find a way to attach the Itasca 12 volt DC to a separate power source. The porch light was glued into the side and there was was only one wire that was connected to the light. The other wire was behind something. So the converter worked fine. Love the lights and the ability to dim them. According to what I read, your lights are the correct kind to leave out in the rain and heat. Some of the others were for the inside or were not coated with the correct material. So far, so good. They were easy to install and fairly quick for an old man like me (77)!
The single color awning LED strip is perfect, tough and a great addition to our 2014 Forest River 5th Wheel. Boogey Lights has the honor of being the third set of LED's on our rig. As close to Elkhart, Indiana as Boogey Lights is, you think some of the RV manufacturers would use this superior product! But what do I know-I am just a consumer that watched two LED Light Strips go bad!
Debated to try another cheaper brand, but went with Boogey Lights. No regrets, very easy to install, works perfectly, clearly a superior product to other RV lights I have seen.
Original LEDs on 2014 Gateway 5th wheel were garbage! Boogey Lights are much better quality and provide ample light. I'm pretty tame so I went with single light strip with no frills. Installation was simple but I do recommend an extra ladder and set of helping hands to assist. No regrets for paying more $ for superior product!
Very nice & clean install. Wired directly to the RV's 12 volt system, with a dimmer control. A great addition to our RV.