Golf Cart LED Light Kit RGB Multi-Color
Golf Cart LED Light Kit (RGB, Multi-Color)
Light up your Golf Cart with a Boogey Lights® LED light kit! Designed specifically for outdoor use this multi-color RGB light kit is incredibly bright. Our low profile hi-intensity LED strips are perfect for mounting underneath your golf cart as well as under the canopy. They produce a smooth, even glow of light to give it the custom look. The under-glow component of this LED light kit consists of 108 LEDs that will light the area under most standard wheel base golf carts with any of seven different colors and animate them with special effects using the included wireless RF remote control. The canopy component consists of 144 LEDs that will light the canopy area on most standard golf carts. Of course if you want to add more LEDs you can do that too with our ADD-ON LEDs.
Want more color options? You can upgrade the remote control to a our wireless Bluetooth controller which will allow you to display up to 16 million different colors. Each strip has authentic 3M industrial strength backing tape affixed to the back of the strip making them easy to install. Installation supplies includes 3M promoter.
Brake Flash Feature. With our PLUS and SUPER series COMBO BLUETOOTH + RF KEYFOB LED controllers we include Brake Flash circuit integration. With this feature the LED controller can be wired such that when the brake flash circuit is energized with 12vdc power, the LED controller immediately lights up just the LEDs wired to the RED power lead output coming from the LED controller. The idea is that when the brake lever (or pedal) is pressed on the vehicle, all the red leds (or whatever color LED you have wired to the red output) will light up. This is a popular safety option designed specifically for motorcycles. Note that the Brake Flash circuit does not have to be used. If you don't want to use the brake flash circuit, simply cap the brake flash input wire on the controller and forget about it. This feature is included with all PLUS and SUPER Key Fob Combo LED controllers.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
Upgrade to Series 2 Bluetooth + RF Combo
Now with Programmable Color Rotation Feature. With any of the Boogey Lights® BLUETOOTH controllers you can control your lights with your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled Android or IOS smartphone. These high-tech controllers are capable of displaying 16 million different color combinations. In addition, lighting effects on the Smartphone controller are signficantly more controllable in terms of speed and intensity. Each color and lighting effect is controlled by "sliders" or a color square on your smartphone screen so you can adjust the speed and intensity to get the lighting exactly the way you want it. Also, all of our SERIES 2 Bluetooth Combo controllers include an RF remote control allowing for quick on/off of the controller. You can operate this controller with the included RF wireless remote (your choice of M7 or KEYFOB remotes) OR you can use your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smartphone and our free smartphone APP (Android and IOS).
BLUETOOTH: Original Firmware vs Series 2 Firmware
With the introduction of our SERIES 2 controller firmware the Boogey Lights® Bluetooth APP and controller offer the ability to program the controller to display two or three colors of your choice and then rotate those colors in sequence. For example, let's say it's Fourth of July and you want your lights to rotate through the color sequence of RED, WHITE and BLUE . Or, perhaps your favorite sports team's colors are Red and White and you want your RV or motorcycle to continually rotate through a color sequence of RED and WHITE. This SERIES 2 firmware controller and smartphone APP will do that - and more. You can for instance vary the speed of the sequence as well as the brightness. You can also choose from one of two different sequencing effect modes: BREATHING or ROLLING. Additionally, you can save these configurations in up to 3 presets such that you're able to recall the lighting configuration with a press of a button. This functionality only works when using your Bluetooth device - not with the included RF wireless remote control.
We offer the Original Bluetooth Firmware controller at a reduce price because it does not offer the color rotation programming capabilility included in the SERIES 2. The Original Firmware version however is still a very capable Bluetooth LED Controller. You can for example control your LED lights using your smartphone to select from up to 16 million color combinations, flashing, strobing, breathing, color changing, dimming and on/off. There are three preset options too which allow you to save your favorite light settings. The Original Bluetooth Firmware is a great option for the budget conscious shopper who wants Bluetooth connectivity but wants to save some money.
Why does the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) color matter?
LED lights are mounted to a Printed Circuit Board (or PCB for short). The color of that PCB makes a difference in how the finished installation looks in the daylight. Our LED light strips come in two versions to match the surface the strip will be attached to. If you have a light colored truck you will probably want to order the WHITE PCB light strip. If you have a dark colored truck, you will probably want to order the BLACK PCB light strip.
Extra 3M Adhesion Primer
3M Promoter is a powerful adhesion primer. It's an essential step in the installation process but you don't need much of it to make it work. A simple single swipe on the surface you're mounting the light strip to is all you need. Our lighting kits include enough 3M Adhesion Primer to mount the strips in the kit for most installations. Some customers however feel better if they "paint" the mounting surface completely with it -- which is fine if you want to but not necessary. The problem is that 3M Adhesion Primer isn't readily available everywhere; particularly weekends, holidays and evenings. If you use all of the primer that's included with the kit but run out before you're finished, you'll have to wait to finish the job until you get more adhesion primer. If you're one of those people who would prefer to have a little adhesion primer left-over just in case, we offer the option of adding additional bottles to your order.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
Golf carts run on gasoline or battery powered electric motors utilizing 12v, 24v, 36v or 48v electric power. To operate our lights you will need 12v of power. Here are some suggestions for getting 12v from your cart:
- Gasoline Powered Golf Carts: Most gas carts use a single 12v battery to start the engine. Power our lights from the positive and negative post on your 12v starting battery
- 24v Electric Golf Carts: Most 24v carts use a combination of four (4) 6v batteries to achieve 24v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 36v Electric Golf Carts: Most 36v carts use a combination of six (6) 6v batteries to achieve 36v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 48v Electric Golf Carts: Most 48v carts use a combination of 12v batteries. If this describes your cart then just use the positive and negative from one battery. There are some brands that will use a combination of six (6) 8v batteries to achieve 48v. In this situation you will need a voltage reducer to step the power down to 12v. Contact Us for suggestions and information on locating the proper reducer.
- Install the Under-Glow Kit under each side of the cart. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Install the Canopy LED light kit under the canopy. We include a push-button on/off button to allow you to turn off the Canopy lights if you wish while still keeping the Under-Glow lights on.
- Optional - Space permitting, add a 2' or 4' strip under the front or rear of your cart.
- Optional - Add a strip under the rear seat if your cart has one
- Optional - Add a strip under the front seat to light the floorboards
- Optional - Cut a strip into two and install a segment in each foot well on the driver and passenger side
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!
- All Boogey Lights LED products are native 12vdc. Optional 110vac to 12vdc power converters available if needed.
- Each LED strip has between 3 and 300, hi-intensity 5050 LEDs depending upon how ordered.
- Available with either single color or RGB (multi-color) LEDs.
- PCB can be black or white - your choice.
- Width is 3/8" (10mm). Height is 1/8" (3mm) . Lengths vary based on the number of LEDs ordered. See product configuration. Important to note that the length listed is the actual LED strip that touches the mounting surface. There is an additional 1/2" or so of space required to make room for the power-lead that attaches to the LED strip. Make sure your measurements allow for this additional space.
- The power lead is soldered and sealed at one end. 4-conductor power lead (red, green, blue and black) for RGB multi-color, 2-conductor power lead (black and red) for single color unless otherwise indicated in the product configuration.
- Draws a maximum of 900 milliamps (.9 amps) for a strip of 36 LEDs while displaying white - less for other colors. Amperage draw will be higher for more LEDs.
- Attaches with 3M® double-sided VHB tape already applied to the back of each strip (note: 3M promoter is not included unless otherwise stated)
- Low profile for easy-to-conceal placement
- Waterproof design for trouble-free operation in any condition. IP65 rated.