Golf Cart Under-Glow LED Kit (Multi-Color)
Golf Cart Under-Glow LED Kit (Multi-Color)
Light up your Golf Cart with a Boogey Lights® Under-Glow LED light kit! Designed specifically for outdoor use this multi-color Under-Glow light kit is incredibly bright. Our low profile hi-intensity LED strips are perfect for mounting underneath your golf cart. They produce a smooth, even glow of light to give it the custom look. The base Under-Glow golf cart kit consisting of 144 LEDs will light the area under most standard wheel base golf carts with any of seven different colors and animate them with special effects using the included wireless RF remote control.
Want more color options? You can upgrade the remote control to a our wireless Bluetooth controller which will allow you to display up to 16 million different colors. As an option, add our Canopy lighting kit to light the area under the canopy (roof). Each strip has authentic 3M industrial strength backing tape affixed to the back of the strip making them easy to install. Installation supplies includes 3M promoter.
OTHER ITEMS YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR INSTALL. No two installation scenarios are the same. Not everyone shares the same installation quality goals. Some folks are OK with twisting wires together, others want to solder them. Some folks are OK with running wires where they may be seen or unprotected to save money/time, others want a tidy, clean install without any wires showing. Some folks are OK with mounting their LED strips to whatever surface they can find, others want to take the time necessary to build out appropriate mounting surfaces to provide the best lighting effect on their vehicle. The point is it's not possible to provide all the materials necessary for all installation scenarios and quality goals. Our light kits provide the essential components needed for a high-quality, functioning lighting system. Installation of our light kit to your specific vehicle may however require additional items to make it look and fit the way you want. This is particularly the case with electrical wiring and mounting of LED strips. Before proceeding with your installation we suggest you consider THESE OTHER ITEMS.
Upgrade to Series 2 Bluetooth + RF Combo
Now with Programmable Color Rotation Feature. With any of the Boogey Lights® BLUETOOTH controllers you can control your lights with your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled Android or IOS smartphone. These high-tech controllers are capable of displaying 16 million different color combinations. In addition, lighting effects on the Smartphone controller are significantly more controllable in terms of speed and intensity. Each color and lighting effect is controlled by "sliders" or a color square on your smartphone screen so you can adjust the speed and intensity to get the lighting exactly the way you want it. Also, all of our SERIES 2 Bluetooth Combo controllers include an RF remote control allowing for quick on/off of the controller. You can operate this controller with the included RF wireless remote (your choice of M7 or KEYFOB remotes) OR you can use your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smartphone and our free smartphone APP (Android and IOS).
Why does the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) color matter?
LED lights are mounted to a Printed Circuit Board (or PCB for short). The color of that PCB makes a difference in how the finished installation looks in the daylight. Our LED light strips come in two versions to match the surface the strip will be attached to. If you have a light colored truck you will probably want to order the WHITE PCB light strip. If you have a dark colored truck, you will probably want to order the BLACK PCB light strip.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
Golf carts run on gasoline or battery powered electric motors utilizing 12v, 24v, 36v or 48v electric power. To operate our lights you will need 12v of power. Here are some suggestions for getting 12v from your cart:
- Gasoline Powered Golf Carts: Most gas carts use a single 12v battery to start the engine. Power our lights from the positive and negative post on your 12v starting battery
- 24v Electric Golf Carts: Most 24v carts use a combination of four (4) 6v batteries to achieve 24v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 36v Electric Golf Carts: Most 36v carts use a combination of six (6) 6v batteries to achieve 36v. Power our lights from the positive post on one 6v battery and the negative post from another 6v battery
- 48v Electric Golf Carts: Most 48v carts use a combination of 12v batteries. If this describes your cart then just use the positive and negative from one battery. There are some brands that will use a combination of six (6) 8v batteries to achieve 48v. In this situation you will need a voltage reducer to step the power down to 12v. Contact Us for suggestions and information on locating the proper reducer.
- Install this Under-Glow Kit under each side of the cart. If you need to cut the strip to fit you can. Just make sure you cut where marked.
- Optional - Install our Canopy LED light kit under the canopy. We include a push-button on/off button with the Canopy kit to allow you to turn off the Canopy lights if you wish while still keeping the Under-Glow lights on.
- Optional - Space permitting, add a 2', 3' or 4' strip under the front or rear of your cart.
- Optional - Add a strip under the rear seat if your cart has one
- Optional - Add a strip under the front seat to light the floorboards
- Optional - Cut a strip into two and install a segment in each foot well on the driver and passenger side
Need additional assistance? Give us a call and we'll be happy to assist!