Multi-Color LED Awning Light Kit For RVs, Campers, & Trailers
The Boogey Lights® Multi-Color LED awning light kit is designed to attach to the side of an RV, trailer or camper just beneath the awning. Each LED strip is 16 feet long and can be cut if needed to fit your application. On full power it provides an incredible amount of light in a wide variety of colors you control with the included wireless remote control or optional wired or smartphone controller. The above photos show our optional UNDER-GLOW LED kit which is affixed to the bottom of the RV shining down on the ground.
We offer our RV Awning Light Kit with the following controller options:
- Wired 3 Key Controller (downgrade option - save $5)
- Wireless RF Controller with M7 style remote (our most popular standard awning kit - only $149.99)
- Wireless RF Controller with 2 KEY FOBS (optional smaller remote control, 2 key fobs upgrade option)
- Wireless Bluetooth Controller. Use your own Bluetooth enabled smartphone and our FREE APP (upgrade option). This is a Bluetooth ONLY controller.
- Wireless COMBO Bluetooth Controller and M7 style RF remote. This controller combines both Bluetooth (use your own smartphone) and RF wireless technologies (M7 remote included) in one controller unit (upgrade option).
- Wireless COMBO Bluetooth Controller and two KEY FOB RF remotes. This controller combines both Bluetooth (use your own smartphone) and RF wireless (KEY FOB included) technologies in one controller unit (upgrade option).
For more details on each of the controller options, including photos of each, please visit our LED CONTROLLER section.
Have a question you can't find the answer to here? Check out our FAQ's of the most commonly asked questions.
Boogey Lights® RF Controllers (both the KEY FOB and M7 controllers) displays seven colors:
- RED, GREEN, BLUE, WHITE, LIGHT BLUE, BOOGEY LIGHTS GREEN (LIME GREEN/YELLOW), HOT PINK/PURPLE
The lighting effects options for our M7 and KEYFOB RF Conrollers include:
- DIMMING, FADING, BREATHING, STROBING
The M7 remote control offers SEVEN levels lighting effects (e.g. 7 levels of dimming) whereas the KEYFOB remote control offers 4 levels.
- M7 Remote uses one CR2025 3v alkaline battery (included with remote).
- KEY FOB Remote uses one MN27 12v alkaline battery (included with remote)
- Optional M7 Long Range Remote uses one A27 12v alkaline battery (included with remote).
Upgrade To Series 2 Bluetooth + RF Combo
Now With Programmable Color Rotation Feature
With any of the Boogey Lights® BLUETOOTH controllers you can control your awning lights with your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled Android or IOS smartphone. These high-tech controllers are capable of displaying 16 million different color combinations. In addition, lighting effects on the Smartphone controller are signficantly more controllable in terms of speed and intensity. Each color and lighting effect is controlled by "sliders" or a color square on your smartphone screen so you can adjust the speed and intensity to get the lighting exactly the way you want it. Our controllers operate on 12vdc which is readily available on just about any RV. Also, all of our SERIES 2 Bluetooth Combo controllers include an RF remote control allowing for quick on/off of the controller. You can operate this controller with the included RF wireless remote (your choice of M7 or KEYFOB remotes) OR you can use your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smartphone and our free smartphone APP (Android and IOS). We also offer an optional 110vac to 12vdc power converter if desired.
New! Series 2 Firmware - Programmable Color Rotation
With the introduction of our new SERIES 2 controller firmware in January 2017 the Boogey Lights® Bluetooth APP and controller now offer the ability to program the controller to display two or three colors of your choice and then rotate those colors in sequence. For example, let's say it's Fourth of July and you want your lights to rotate through the color sequence of RED, WHITE and BLUE . Or, perhaps your favorite sports team's colors are Red and White and you want your lights to continually rotate through a color sequence of RED and WHITE. This SERIES 2 firmware controller and smartphone APP will do that - and more. You can for instance vary the speed of the sequence as well as the brightness. You can also choose from one of two different sequencing effect modes: BREATHING or ROLLING. Additionally, you can save these configurations in up to three presets such that you're able to recall the lighting configuration with a press of a button. This functionality only works when using your Bluetooth device - not with the included RF wireless remote control. NOTE: This functionality is only for the Bluetooth COMBO controllers.
Standard LED Awning Kit Note: Instead of the WIRELESS Remote Control you have the option of selecting our 3 KEY WIRED REMOTE CONTROL. Some customers prefer this wired version (versus the wireless) as it simplifies the operation of the lights by eliminating the wireless remote. The lights are controlled by pressing a button on the control box. With the wired remote control you can control the color, mode and speed. Use the included pushbutton switch to power it on or off. Note: The switch and the control box needs to be mounted in a location you can access to control the lights.
Want More Power To Handle More Lights?
No problem! While most installations only require one 300 LED strip (about 16' long), there may be instances where customers have a longer awning and want to power additional LEDs. For those situations we offer these two CONTROLLER upgrade options to handle the additional power requirements (ADD-ON LED strips need to be purchased separately):
- Upgrade to our RF Wireless SUPER Version Controller (supports up to 600 LEDs - 2 strips, add-on strips need to be purchased separately this is just the controller upgrade)
- Upgrade to our COMBO BLUETOOTH + RF Wireless SUPER Version Controller (supports 600 LEDs - 2 strips, add-on strips need to be purchased separately this is just the controller upgrade)
Add-on LED Light Strips
This Awning Kit inlcudes ONE 300 LED Strip. We offer ADD-ON multi-color LED light strips which can be purchased separately. Our ADD-ON strips available in WHITE and BLACK PCB and in lengths of 4', 8', 12' and 16'. You have your choice of 10', 15', 25' and 50' color match power leads. If purchasing an ADD-ON strip, make sure you are purchasing an upgraded controller to handle the additional power requirements. If you have questions about this, please call us.
Bluetooth Wireless Controller: With any of our BLUETOOTH controller options the kit includes everything our Standard kit has except you can upgrade to your choice of one of our BLUETOOTH enabled controllers. These high-tech controllers will allow you to control the operation of the LED Awning Lights using your Bluetooth 4.0 enabled Android or IOS smartphone. You provide the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) equipped smart phone with Bluetooth 4.0. The Apple iPhone running iOS 5 or higher (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 ) and Android® phones running version 4.3 (Jellybean) or higher typically have the Bluetooth 4.0 technology (Sorry, if you have a flip phone it won't work.) The Boogey Lights® smartphone APP is FREE and can be downloaded directly from the Google Play Store or Apple iTunes.
Upgrade LED Awning kit also includes:
- Bluetooth Controller Wiring Diagram
- Bluetooth Smartphone Controller Manual
Android and Apple IOS APPs have to be downloaded (FREE) from their respective app stores (Google Play Store and Apple iTunes App Store).
For an indepth look into why Boogey Lights® RV Lighting products are superior, visit Why Buy Boogey Lights® RV & Camper Lighting Kits.
Why Does The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Color Matter?
LED lights are mounted to a Printed Circuit Board (or PCB for short). The color of that PCB makes a difference in how the finished installation looks in the daylight. Our LED light strips come in two versions to match the surface the strip will be attached to. If you have a light colored RV, you will probably want to order the WHITE PCB light strip. If you have a dark colored RV, you will probably want to order the BLACK PCB light strip.
Please Note: The environmentally safe epoxy coating used to seal our LED strips will tend to have a yellowish tint over time – typically in a year or so. It will be more noticeable on LEDs mounted on white PCB vs black PCB. This yellowing does not impact the functionality of the LEDs. Also, strips that are exposed to UV sunlight won't tend to exhibit the yellowish tint as much as those that are used indoors.
Note: All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because the controller technology used to power them is less expensive to manufacture. However they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
A Word About 12vdc Power
All Boogey Lights® controllers operate on 12vdc which is readily available on just about any RV. We also offer an optional 120vac to 12vdc power converter if desired. Our entry level base controller (M7 Style or RF KEY FOB version) is designed to work with 12vdc power between 11.9 and 13 vdc which works with the vast majority of RVs. However depending upon your RV's power source (charger or inverter), the amount of dc voltage your RV is putting out may exceed these design specifications (commonly referred to as over-voltage). In this situation our entry level base controller will either shut itself off or the LEDs will dim if the voltage level exceeds the range for too long. This is to protect the circuitry in the controller from getting too hot. In these situations we suggest either upgrading to the optional SUPER or COMBO CONTROLLERS which are more robust with more sophisticated over-voltage circuitry built-in. You can also purchase our optional BATTERY SAVER which can be used inline to protect the controller. If you're unsure or have questions, give one of our technicians a call.
Other Accessory Options
There are a number of options available which you may wish to consider. If you have a question as to what you need, call us! We're here to help.
- Long Range M7 Remote Control. This wireless RF remote control doubles (at least) the effective range of our standard wireless RF remote control. Works better too in situations where the controller is mounted inside or behind metal surfaces. Can be paired with any of our M7 compatible controllers. Includes A27, 12vdc battery.
- Battery Saver. Our standard LED controller is designed to work in 12vdc environments. If the controller senses power greater than 12.9vdc, the controller will either shut down or dim. In these situations by installing our Battery Saver in-line before the controller, the controller will operate properly even though voltage is greater than specified.
- 110vac to 12vdc power converter. In situations where you don't have access to sufficient 12vdc power, you can use this 110vac to 12vdc power converter.
- Four conductor power lead wire available in BLACK and WHITE. Typically used in situations where you need to extend to a power source further away than the standard 15' long power leads will reach.
- Wire Trak™ raceway used to hide power wires without drilling into your RV. This convenient, flexible and durable plastic raceway is easy to install (it uses 3M tape just like Boogey Lights® does) and does a great job of hiding the power cables leading up to the LED strip. Makes for a nice finished look.
- Waterproof Quick Disconnects. These handy waterproof quick-disconnectors can be used in situations where you want to be able to remove a power lead. These 4 conductor quick-disconnects make it simple.
- Additional M7 RF Remotes. If you want an extra RF remote (or need to replace one), this is the answer. You can pair up to three M7 remotes with one controller.
- Dual Lock Recloseable Fasteners. We've found this 3M® Dual Lock fastening system to be the perfect solution for mounting Boogey Lights® controllers in locations where you might want to be able to remove them at some point in the future. Use this Dual Lock Fastener instead of the permanent 3M® double-sided tape.
Installing the Boogey Lights® LED awning kit is relatively simple. Typical installation time is about 90 minutes. Some things to keep in mind before you start.
- WE STRONGLY SUGGEST BENCH TESTING YOUR LIGHTS AND CONTROLLER BEFORE MOUNTING! We cannot emphasize this enough. Probably 95% of all calls we receive from customers are about problems or issues that could have easily been avoided had the customer taken the extra 15 minutes to bench test their lighting setup before installation. Not only does bench testing give you an opportunity to understand the configuration, it also will flush out any problems or misunderstanding about the product and use before mounting.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be. Most RVs (motorhome, travel trailer or fifth wheel) have an electrical access panel somewhere on the side of the RV where 12vdc power is available.
- Decide how you are going to connect the power lead coming from your LED light strip to the power source. Many RV awnings (particularly motorized awnings) have a mounting bar that is already affixed to the side of the RV. If so, you can usually run the power lead cable coming from the LED light strip inside that mounting bar. If not, you can use some flexible Wire Trak™ raceway to hide the power lead cable. The Wire Trak™ raceway uses the same 3M tape technology our Boogey Lights do so it's easy to affix the raceway to the side of your RV.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck to the side of your RV is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your RV. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- We have had customers install the awning light to the end of the awning on the roller instead of to the side of the RV/Camper. The challenge with this installation scenario is running the power lead back to the RV. There are a couple of options, one of which is to use one of our quick-disconnect connectors but of course you have to disconnect/reconnect the power cord every-time you want to use it. The other is to snake the power lead wire through the seam on the side of the awning material.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. We've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
- AMPERAGE Data for all Boogey Lights products can be found on our website.
Did we mention that using the 3M® Adhesion Promoter included in this kit is an important step in the installation process you should not skip?
RV, MOTOR HOME, CAMPER CUSTOMER PHOTO GALLERY
Here are some photos customers have shared with us of their RV's with Boogey Lights®
Just completed the install of my new Boogey Lights awning lights on our 2014 Fleetwood Southwind motorhome, and must admit, I am very impressed. The overall quality of the product, the sturdy connection between the light strip and the wire to the controller, the easy of installation, and the detailed instructions have made this a very positive experience. The lights are performing beautifully, and what a difference at night. I had initially questioned the cost and went with the cheap off-shore lights, only to be let down on every aspect. Once I chose to go with Boogey Lights, I now appreciate the differences the extra dollars mean in terms of quality and performance. The Sales Rep at the Tampa RV Show was also very informative. Thanks Boogey Lights for turning my previous bad experiences into a very positive one.
Customer service was excellent answering the few questions I had. The lights shipped and arrived quickly and installation was easy following the detailed instructions included. The lights are great, I sold the lights that hung from the awning so I'll never have to put them up and take them down again! Woohoo!
Best awning light out there, plus with all the functions it’s the best bang for your buck. Easy install, easy operation and all the way around great product!
Thank you for offering a great product. Just installed them on my new 5th Wheel camper. The wire color blends right in and can’t even see the installation. Love the fact that you're a local company. We try to support American companies.
Finally got these lights installed last week before going on first trip this past weekend would highly recommend because of the ease of installation and quality if the product was amazed by how bright the lights are. Now my brother and parents want to order the same lights for their campers as well as many other campers that stopped to ask me where I purchased your product.
Super bright had tons of people comment on them.
I am really late on my review for these lights and the assistance I received from Brandon. Had a problem and Brandon resolved very quickly. The lights are amazing and the grand kids love changing the mode/color ect. Again thanks to Brandon for his quick response unlike my review.
Had a bad light strip out of the box and it was very promptly taken care of! Install is very easy. The system works perfect and looks awesome! May get another set in the future. A+ for quality and customer service!
Installed multiple color awing lights couldn't be any easier to install, and great looking lights. My neighbor seen them he now wants a set for his camper.l would recommend them to anyone. Larry
Haven't got to use them much since I received them, however, I was very pleased with them.