RV Multi-Color LED Under-Glow Light Kit
The Boogey Lights® LED UNDER-GLOW RV light kit is designed to attach to the bottom of an RV, trailer or camper. Each LED strip is 16 feet long and can be cut if needed to fit your application. On full power it provides an incredible amount of light in a wide variety of colors you control either with the included wireless key fobs or optional smartphone Bluetooth controller. (The above photos also show our optional AWNING kit affixed to the side of the RV shining underneath the awning.)
We offer our RV Under-Glow kit with your choice of a SUPER DUTY controller or a HEAVY DUTY controller. Our SUPER DUTY controller will power up to 3-300 LED strips. Our HEAVY DUTY controller will power up to 7-300 LED strips. And for each style of controller we offer a RF only (your choice of M7 style remote or KEY FOB remote) and our Series 2 COMBO RF + BLUETOOTH controller which combines the best of both Bluetooth and RF wireless technologies in one controller unit. All Boogey Lights® controllers operate on 12vdc which is readily available on just about any RV. We also offer an optional 110vac to 12vdc power converter if desired.
Boogey Lights® RF Controller (included with our Standard Kit) displays seven colors:
- RED, GREEN, BLUE, WHITE, LIGHT BLUE, ORANGE/YELLOW, PINK/PURPLE
The lighting effects options for our Standard LED UNDER-GLOW Kit include:
- DIMMING, FADING, BREATHING, STROBING
Note: The M7 RF remote control offers SEVEN levels lighting effects (e.g. 7 levels of dimming) whereas the KEYFOB RF remote control offers FOUR levels.
- M7 Remote control uses one CR2025 3v alkaline battery (included with remote).
- KEY FOB Remote uses one MN27 12v alkaline battery (included with remote)
- Optional M7 Long Range Remote uses one A27 12v alkaline battery (included with remote).
FYI: The above photos show our optional AWNING LED kit which is affixed to the side of the RV under the awning. If you add the optional awning LED kit you can choose to run the awning light on the same controller as the UNDER-GLOW lights OR you can use a separate controller just for the awning LEDs. We prefer to use a separate controller for the awning lights because it gives us more control over the lighting configuration. There are some camping situations where you may not want the UNDER-GLOW lights to be on (or not as bright, or the same color) as what the awning lights are set on. Having the two systems on two different controllers gives you some additional flexibility in this regard. Personal preference only.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY NOTICE FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE APPLICATIONS
These surface mounted Hi-Intensity LED strips are NOT intended to be used on heavy duty commercial equipment or in environments where the strips are mounted on commercial vehicles frequently traveling roads treated with corrosive chemicals often used for melting snow and ice. Additionally, they are not built to withstand significant flexing of the surface the strip is mounted to. Some examples include on semi-truck trailers as well as tow trucks where there is significant movement, bending or flexing of the surface to which the strip is mounted. Hi-Intensity Strips that fail in these operating environments ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. For these types of operating environments we recommend our HEAVY DUTY LED strips.
There is no set installation configuration. Whether you have a motor home, bus, 5th wheel, tag-along travel trailer, utility trailer, food truck or semi-truck the configuration concepts are pretty much the same. Your rig and your imagination are the only limits. Using the above diagram, here are some typical installation ideas to consider which have worked well for other customers.
Standard Installation - 2 Hi-Intensity LED Strips
A: The standard Under-Glow kit includes two, super bright 16' LED light strips (each with 300 LEDs). These two strips are typically mounted (centered) between the front axle and the rear axle. While the distance between the front axle and the rear axle might be longer than 16', most customers find that the two16' LED strips provide more than enough light for the area between the front and rear axles.
Want More Light? Add Full Perimeter Lighting
B & C: For additional light, you can add a 4' or 8' LED light strip at the rear and / or the front of the coach to provide full perimeter lighting. These ADD-ON strips come with your choice of a 10', 25' or a 50' power lead to accommodate almost any motor home configuration. The power leads need to run back to the 12v power source where the controller is located.
Slide-out Lighting Option
D: Depending upon the width of your slide-out you can add a 4', 8', 12' or even a 16' ADD-ON LED light strip underneath your slide-out to illuminate the area immediately below the slide-out when it is out. The 4', 8' and 12' ADD-ON strips comes with either a 10', 25' or 50' power lead. The 16' ADD-ON strip comes with your choice of a 15', 25' or 50' power lead.
ADD-ON HI-INTENSITY LED STRIPS can be purchased separately.
Some things to keep in mind when deciding how many and what type of LED strips to purchase:
- Our Hi-Intensity LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs to accommodate shorter runs.
- The maximum length of one Hi-Intensity strip is 16'. Multiple 16' strips CAN NOT be daisy chained together. If you want to do a run longer than 16', you can butt two strips together to get the desired length. That said, we've never seen an installation that required doing this for a lack of light. Boogey Lights® LEDs are so bright that one 16' strip should provide more light than you'll need. Simply centering one 16' strip will in most cases be sufficient.
- The maximum number of 16' LED strips that can be powered at one time depends on which controller you're using. Our Heavy Duty controller will power at least six 16' LED strips. You might be able to get 7 depending upon your wiring. That said, it's possible to add additional controllers and manage those controllers with one RF remote. Lots of possibilities. The limitation ultimately comes down to your power source.
- Be mindful of where your power source is located as well as where you will be mounting the controller. The power lead for each Hi-Intensity strip needs to connect directly to the controller at your power source. Knowing where your controller will be mounted in relation to where the LED strip will be placed will determine how much power lead cable is needed on each LED strip.
Installing the Boogey Lights® LED UNDER-GLOW RV kit is relatively simple. Typical installation time is about 90-120 minutes. Some things to keep in mind before you start.
- The Under-Glow RV kit is intended to be installed on the bottom of an RV, camper or trailer. Make sure you have adequate area where to affix the LED light strips. The 5th Wheel Toy Hauler appearing in our photos has an enclosed bottom which make it easy to affix the LED light strips to the unit. However not all RVs have an enclosed bottom. If your RV doesn't have an enclosed bottom you'll need to make sure you have sufficient surface area to attach the LED strips. In addition, the area where you are attaching the LEDs needs to be reasonably clean and smooth (and free from sharp edges). If not, the LED strips won't stick.
- When mounting on the bottom of any vehicle we recommend making sure you are not mounting the strip in-line with the wheels or in areas that might be prone to a direct strike from road debris. While Boogey Lights® Hi-Intensity LED strips are made for motorsports applications, they will likely not survive a direct strike from a hard object. If you are concerned the LED strips might be hit by road debris due to their mounting location we recommend using our Heavy Duty LED Strips which are better able to survive a direct strike from road debris.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be. Most RVs (motorhome, travel trailer or fifth wheel) have an electrical access panel somewhere on the right side of the RV where 12vdc power is available. If you are going to use 110vac, make sure you have ample room to mount/affix the power converter box. The 110vac to 12vdc power converters we sell for this kit are 10amps. If you are going to max out the heavy duty controller with LED light strips you'll need to run TWO power converters in parallel (for a total of 20amps). If you have questions on this, please call us. We'll be happy to assist you!
- Decide how you are going to connect the power lead coming from your LED light strips to the power source. Most RVs have access into the electrical closet from underneath the RV itself. If so, this is the perfect place to run your power cables. Important to remember that the remote control units are not water proof so you want to mount the contoler box in an area that will remain dry.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck to the underbelly of your RV, camper or trailer is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit. For the power lead wires that feed the LED strip we include some extra 3M tape and zip tie mounts.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your RV. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- AMPERAGE Data for all Boogey Lights products can be found on our website.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. We've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
RV, MOTOR HOME, CAMPER CUSTOMER PHOTO GALLERY
Here are some photos customers have shared with us of their RV's with Boogey Lights®
The lights are very bright. The install was simple enough that a dummy like me could do it. They are user friendly with the app and controller......but......anywhere that the lights themselves are in sunlight, the strip is starting to turn brown. My assumption is that the strip or the rubberized coating isn’t UV stable. It hasnt affected the coloration of the light just yet, but I think it will eventually do that. It just looks blah when the lights aren’t on. Not the crisp white like the areas not exposed to direct sunlight BOOGEY LIGHTS COMMENT: The environmentally safe epoxy coating used to seal our LED strips will tend to have a yellowish tint over time – typically in a year or so. It will be more noticeable on LEDs mounted on white PCB vs black PCB. And of course the color of the surface the lights are mounted to will impact the contrast in the daylight. That said, this yellowing does not impact the functionality of the LEDs. Also, strips that are exposed to UV sunlight won't tend to exhibit the yellowish tint as much as those that are used indoors. For Under-Glow lighting in particular this isn't an issue as the strips usually are mounted out of sight. If you're concerned about the appearance of the strips in daylight, we offer an aluminum channel and diffuser that finishes off the look very nicely. Makes for a professional looking installation. The aluminum channel can be screwed or stuck-on to the RV with 3M tape and 3M promoter . Then, our LED strips fit inside the channel with the diffuser snapping on top.
With a little planning these lights are not hard to install. I am really glad I got them. Very good quality product.
Employees take pride in the company. Customer service is outstanding. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Each and everyone are very knowledgeable about the lights. I ordered my under glow lights and was very impressed how fast they arrived and am amazed that all power supply wires were already attached to the lights. Didn’t know that when I ordered. I was able to test these lights in my living room . I’ve had other leds that I purchased from Camping World and had to return them. The only problem I have is keeping the remote control out of my wife’s hands. I’m waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can install them on my RV. I will say that I have noticed the quality in Boogey Lights. OUTSTANDING Customer service and product ( lights ) Keep up the good work!!!!! Thanks for everything. Ron and Nancy Wert
Many of my rv customers purchase underglow kits online so I could install them. After installing have a dozen kits and seeing how great the installations turn out I decided to become a dealer for them.
Just order them! Don't over think it, start with the kit and add from there. Unreal!
It takes patience and planning to install these underglow lights, but the payoff is "HUGE" as The Donald says !
I purchased these a few months ago and finally got around to install them this week. Very easy to install. The LED strip is made much better than the cheap led strips on ebay ( i have purchased one of those for the inside of my RV). I hIghly recommend these. They help light up the RV when there is no other light around you. You can adjust the brightness to your liking.
Very happy with the product quality am looking forward to having them operational to see the results
The staff at boogey lights is more than helpful and are also very knowledgeable with the installation of this product. Lights installed with ease and look great!
Staff very helpful. Took about an hour to install