RV Single-Color LED Under-Glow Light Kit
The Boogey Lights® Single-Color LED UNDER-GLOW RV light kit is designed to attach to the bottom of an RV, trailer or camper. Each LED strip is 16 feet long and can be cut if needed to fit your application. On full power it provides an incredible amount of light in a wide variety of colors you control with the included wireless key fobs. (The above photos also show our optional AWNING kit affixed to the side of the RV shining underneath the awning. )
Our single-Color LED Under-Glow Kit is available in these seven colors:
The lighting effects options for our Single-Color LED UNDER-GLOW Kit include:
- Dimming (4 different dim settings)
Our controllers operate on 12vdc which is readily available on just about any RV. We also offer an optional 110vac to 12vdc power converter if desired.
Note: The above photos show our optional AWNING LED kit which is affixed to the side of the RV under the awning. If you add the optional awning LED kit you can choose to run the awning light on the same controller as the UNDER-GLOW lights OR you can use a separate controller just for the awning LEDs. We prefer to use a separate controller for the awning lights because it gives us more control over the lighting configuration. There are some camping situations where you may not want the UNDER-GLOW lights to be on (or not as bright, or the same color) as what the awning lights are set on. Having the two systems on two different controllers gives you some additional flexibility in this regard. Personal preference only.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY NOTICE FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE APPLICATIONS
These surface mounted Hi-Intensity LED strips are NOT intended to be used on heavy duty commercial equipment or in environments where the strips are mounted on commercial vehicles frequently traveling roads treated with corrosive chemicals often used for melting snow and ice. Additionally, they are not built to withstand significant flexing of the surface the strip is mounted to. Some examples include on semi-truck trailers as well as tow trucks where there is significant movement, bending or flexing of the surface to which the strip is mounted. Hi-Intensity Strips that fail in these operating environments ARE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. For these types of operating environments we recommend our HEAVY DUTY LED strips.
Important Note ON Purple LEDs! All purple LED’s on the market today are actually ultra-violet (U/V) and produce a soft purple glow particularly when used on motorcycle engines. The color however is not a real bright effect like you’ll get with red, blue, green, orange, etc. If you want a subtle purple glow that looks great, then the U/V LED’s may well be for you. If however you want the brightest lights possible, you will not be happy with purple.
Why Does The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Color Matter?
LED lights are mounted to a Printed Circuit Board (or PCB for short). The color of that PCB makes a difference in how the finished installation looks in the daylight. Our LED light strips come in two versions to match the surface the strip will be attached to. If you have a light colored RV, you will probably want to order the WHITE PCB light strip. If you have a dark colored RV, you will probably want to order the BLACK PCB light strip. Personal preference only.
All Boogey Lights® LED strips are COMMON CATHODE LEDS. They share a common ground and will only work with positively switched controllers. Most LED strips on the market today are COMMON ANODE because they're less expensive to manufacture. As a result, they're not nearly as bright and are an overall inferrior design when compared with COMMON CATHODE LEDs.
Installing the Boogey Lights® LED UNDER-GLOW RV kit is relatively simple. Typical installation time is about 90-120 minutes. Some things to keep in mind before you start.
- The Under-Glow RV kit is intended to be installed on the bottom of an RV, camper or trailer. Make sure you have adequate area where to affix the LED light strips. The 5th Wheel Toy Hauler appearing in our photos has an enclosed bottom which make it easy to affix the LED light strips to the unit. However not all RVs have an enclosed bottom. If your RV doesn't have an enclosed bottom you'll need to make sure you have sufficient surface area to attach the LED strips. In addition, the area where you are attaching the LEDs needs to be reasonably clean and smooth. If not, the LED strips won't stick.
- When mounting on the bottom of any vehicle we recommend making sure you are not mounting the strip in-line with the wheels or in areas that might be prone to a direct strike from road debris. While Boogey Lights® Hi-Intensity LED strips are made for motorsports applications, they will likely not survive a direct strike from a hard object. If you are concerned the LED strips might be hit by road debris due to their mounting location we recommend using our Heavy Duty LED Strips which are better able to survive a direct strike from road debris.
- Make sure you know where your electrical connection will be. Most RVs (motorhome, travel trailer or fifth wheel) have an electrical access panel somewhere on the right side of the RV where 12vdc power is available. If you are going to use 110vac, make sure you have ample room to mount/affix the power converter box. The 110vac to 12vdc power converters we sell for this kit are 10amps. If you are going to max out the heavy duty controller with LED light strips you'll need to run TWO power converters in parallel (for a total of 20amps). If you have questions on this, please call us. We'll be happy to assist you!
- Make sure you are not over-loading the circuit they are attached to. As with all lighting solutions, each LED strip should be properly fused. If for any reason there is a dead short in the strip, you want the power to that strip to be cut off to avoid over-heating and potentially burning.
- Decide how you are going to connect the power lead coming from your LED light strips to the power source. Most RVs have access into the electrical closet from underneath the RV itself. If so, this is the perfect place to run your power cables. Important to remember that the remote control units are not water proof so you want to mount the controller box in an area that will remain dry.
- The only way to ensure the LED light strip stays stuck to the underbelly of your RV, camper or trailer is to make sure you prepare the surface in accordance with the directions. Every LED light kit we sell includes 3M promoter (aka "primer"). It's absolutely critical the surface be prepared using this special 3M promoter and that you follow the directions provided with every light kit. For the power lead wires that feed the LED strip we include some extra 3M tape and zip tie mounts.
- If you need to cut the LED strip, make sure you do it before affixing to your RV. Our LED strips can be cut every 3 LEDs and are clearly marked.
- AMPERAGE Data for all Boogey Lights products can be found on our website.
- When in doubt, call our technical support team! We're the experts. We've done this thousands of times. We know what works.
RV, MOTOR HOME, CAMPER CUSTOMER PHOTO GALLERY
Here are some photos customers have shared with us of their RV's with Boogey Lights®
The Boogie Lights were delivered very fast and with everything I needed to install. The installation went very smoothly and they work as well as I hoped. I definitely recommend this product!